Hft With A 30/30 Ret

hi folks i just finished my hw80 .177 HFT rifle and i have mounted a 3.5-10 x50 on top .im interested in you guys that a shooting with the 30/30 ret scopes what range are you zeroing at, i have found that if i zero at 25 yards i have one mil dot hold over at 42 yards and the same at 8 yards what zero ranges are you using ,the guys at the club all say 35yards as a zero but none of them can tell me why .whats your reasons

cheers

I use 30/30 rets and I zero my HW77 at 30 Metres for .22 recoiling competitions -NOT yards. I love Bushnell and Simmons Whitetail scopes for my rifles. I just find this range gives me a very useful commanding zero. I shoot by many years experience and thorough practice which has become instinctive. It's not a guaranteed 100% certain bet I will hit every target. But so far, touch wood, my technique built on my preferred zero with my .22 HW77 has won every competition this rifle and I have entered.