New Permission

j j m

well just been out on some new permission with the daystatex2 its full of squirrels saw plenty but coudnt get a shot off they were darting all over the place this place hasnt been touched in ten years ,anyway what i was surprised to see was a woody sitting on a nest very early i thought ,my first shot was at a woody 35 yards its very come today no wind at all took it out with a clean head shot ,my second was a crow that made the mistake of landing in a tall tree straight opposit me i waisted no time pulling the trigger got it through side of head,im going to do a reccy tomorrow and see where best to put a hide as its full of crows woodys and squirrels

• Like 2

nice one mate its great to get more permission I like to explore new land,i am lucky myself because my brother in law owns a farm which I shoot on and has led to me getting land ajoining his land from him passing the word on for me..........great shooting mate :thumbs: ps wheres the pics

atb symon

well done mate good shooting, it sounds like it is a decent place you just got, i've been out this morning trying to get some permission on some local land near some allotments, at least they did'nt say no i was told to go back in march so fingers crossed and all that, atb with yours pal

JJM get some value peanut butter, find a nice place for a hide and start smearing it on a few branches conveniently placed so that you can get a good shot off at any vermin that might like peanut butter. Go down every three or four days, keep topping it up and you will find the squirrels respond nicely!

Edited by secretagentmole