Parvo In My Yard Help?

Trigene or sorgene... Everything, burn all wood and bedding which could have possibly come into contact, also treat all boots and trainers with sorgene and put a bucket ur bowl outside with sorgene and water in so you can walk in it every time you go out or into yard...parvovirus will usually take 5 days to show itself so your dogs might have been deffacating on your local playing fields for 5 days without you knowing they had it....somebody else's dog will in turn sniff your dogs log and hey presto, someone else has it...their dog shits for 5 days and so it spreads rapidly...know what your going through buddy had 3 pups contracted it ...all three had been jabbed.... It will make you feel like a Leppur but I told people who walked their dogs in the same place as me that my dogs had parvovirus and not to walk their dogs there...it can last a 12 math in the right conditions and even in severe cold can still last 6 mts in grass soil etc good news is that the surviving pup will never contract it again and will probably pass good immunity onto its pups... Bad news is it might have irreversible damage to any number of organs or nervous system which can show up at a latter date... Sorry for the doom and gloom but it's always best to be prepared eh...any questions then pm me

• Like 2

i was watchin a wilde alaska program a few weeks ago and the man who keeps huskies for a living got parvo in his yearlings he sorted them out with clourine dont no the mesurements but maybe it worth resherching it

right at the bottom

http://www.vcahospitals.com/main/pet-health-information/article/animal-health/parvovirus-in-dogs/853

I watched that to mate couldn't believe it !!!!

Trigene or sorgene... Everything, burn all wood and bedding which could have possibly come into contact, also treat all boots and trainers with sorgene and put a bucket ur bowl outside with sorgene and water in so you can walk in it every time you go out or into yard...parvovirus will usually take 5 days to show itself so your dogs might have been deffacating on your local playing fields for 5 days without you knowing they had it....somebody else's dog will in turn sniff your dogs log and hey presto, someone else has it...their dog shits for 5 days and so it spreads rapidly...know what your going through buddy had 3 pups contracted it ...all three had been jabbed.... It will make you feel like a Leppur but I told people who walked their dogs in the same place as me that my dogs had parvovirus and not to walk their dogs there...it can last a 12 math in the right conditions and even in severe cold can still last 6 mts in grass soil etc good news is that the surviving pup will never contract it again and will probably pass good immunity onto its pups... Bad news is it might have irreversible damage to any number of organs or nervous system which can show up at a latter date... Sorry for the doom and gloom but it's always best to be prepared eh...any questions then pm me

sound man for the advice where can i get trigene or sorgene from as ive honestly never heard of it.I seen a young neighbours pup enter my side gate yesterday i told him to catch him before he got parvo out my garden.Known the young lad he wouldnt worm a dog never mind get him vaccinated he replied ah its grand i had a whole litter die last year.I asked him what did you do to get this out of your garden?Nothing he said one of those things.The same lad lives only two doors away the scruffy c**t leaves his dog shite to rot in the garden.Funny though if someone from the genral public new you hunt your dogs they automatically think ye cruel c**t hurting your dogs and wild animals but little do they know the work and care that goes into a hunters dogs kennels cleaned twice daily fed twice daily walked or hunted daily dosed when needed vaccinated when needed etc.Enough of my rant just some people drive ye mad.ARE the two terriers in the pic of your user name yours there nice looking dogs my pup looks the same.If they are what way are they bred mate.

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_the_parvo_virus_in_the_environ.html

THE VIRUS IN THE ENVIRONMENT / DISINFECTION

Because the canine parvovirus is not enveloped in fat the way the distemper virus is, canine parvovirus is especially hardy in the environment. It is readily carried on shoes or clothing to new areas (which accounts for its rapid worldwide spread shortly after its original appearance). It is able to overwinter freezing temperatures in the ground outdoors plus many household disinfectants are not capable of killing it indoors.

Given that this is such a tough virus to destroy, many people want to know exactly what they must do to disinfect an area that has contained an infected dog or how long they must wait before safely introducing a new dog to a previously contaminated area.

Here is what we know about how contaminated an environment is likely to be:

• Infected dogs shed virus (in their stool) in gigantic amounts during the 2 weeks following exposure. Because such enormous amounts of virus are shed, there is a HUGE potential for environmental contamination when a infected dog has been there.
  • It is important to realize that because the canine parvovirus is so hardy in the environment, it is considered "ubiquitous." This means that NO ENVIRONMENT is free from this virus unless it is regularly disinfected.

A parvoviral infection can be picked up ANYWHERE though it is easier to pick up an infection in an area where an infected dog has been present simply because of the larger amounts of virus present in a contaminated area.

• Whether an individual dog gets infected or not depends on the number of viral particles the dog experiences, what kind of immune experience the dog has had with the virus before (vaccinated? previously infected? how much past exposure?), and how strong the individual dog is (stress factors, diet, etc.)

A typical/average infectious dose for an unvaccinated dog is 1000 viral particles. For some dogs far less is needed. For other dogs, far more is needed. An infected dog sheds 35 million viral particles (35,000 TIMES the typical infectious dose) per OUNCE of stool.

ENVIRONMENTAL DECONTAMINATION

Indoor decontamination:

Outdoor decontamination:

Of course, the above presupposes that no decontamination steps (other than waiting) have been taken. In most households, owners want to know how to disinfect their homes to create a safer environment for the other dogs there or to create a safe environment for a new or replacement puppy.

Here's what we know about disinfection:

• Despite the introduction of new cleaners with all sorts of claims, parvovirus remains virtually impossible to completely remove from an environment. The goal of decontamination is to reduce the number of viral particles to an acceptable level.
  • The best and most effective disinfectant against viruses (including parvoviruses) is BLEACH. One part bleach is mixed with 30 parts water and is applied to bowls, floors, surfaces, toys, bedding, and anything contaminated that is colorfast or for which color changes are not important. At least 10 minutes of contact time with the bleach solution is needed to kill the virus. Steam cleaning is also able to kill the virus.

Bleach completely kills parvovirus