Worked Hard For This One !

Beast , they average about 68 lb in the chiller , the biggest doe I ever shot went 83 lb ...Still miles behind on the does though , cant really see me getting back on track at the moment but you never know !

there are two herds i mostly cull, one is a genuinely wild herd and they average about 65lb, the other is on an enclosed estate and despite supplementary feed in the winter, selective culling to remove poor specimens and general management (worming, mineral licks etc) they only come in around 60lb at best. i can only put it down to inbreeding and i keep telling the estate manager to get a few decent new bucks in, but he cant be bothered. ive got around 30 does in total i still want to take from this herd which shouldnt be too hard, but the wild ones will be very challenging as i would like to knock about another 20 of them out

Mine are all wild & they do want some getting to grips with . There is a marked difference in weight & condition depending on were im culling , the ones on the arable farms are in a different league compared to the ones on heath land , these are the ones that have been left unchecked for years , resulting in over populated poor quality underweight animals .Their are a lot that need going & this weather has done me no favours at all .