just got new pup

If you want good advice you need to be a bit more specific, or you could just buy the book it would save time, I think it was written by a guy called David Brian Bummer? , youll find it on the shelf next to quantum physics made easy and keyhole surgery for beginners :laugh::laugh::laugh:

see what i mean you get a genuine person asking you a straight forward question and yous just take the piss what the f**k is the point either be there to help or f**k off and go somewere else

chill out you weirdo , we only havin a little fun theres plenty of archive for the lad to look through

so if he reads this , look through archives , type in puppy training im sure something will come up

come on tyson give the lad some good addvice you ginger twat :whistling: errr i mean auburn :laugh::laugh:

steptoe people will need a few more details mate :victory: age,,,,,,,,, breed .......ect ect :thumbs:

if you were irish id call you a cheeky little leprechaun , but you not ! so cheeky little lancashire dwarf will have to do :clapper:

well he aint stated the dogs age , breed etc so if he lets us know what hes got then we can start again , no piss taki this time promise :whistling:

OK Harold.......start by teaching a few basic commands.......slow but sure..........dont get frustrated, rome wasnt built in a day you know :thumbs:

Meanwhile, get down the library and find a couple of dog behaviour books...........and keep asking the questions

Well I agree with you Ginge but better late than never so my advice to him would be to concerntrate on building a good bond with his pup, and getting a good solid recall so the pup comes when called. This is the foundation building block of all training as far as I am concerned. Once you have established a good recall, you can move on to other aspects of obedience training, retreiving etc. Saluki types can take longer to train and you have to be more patient, my pup was about 14/15 weeks before I got a good consistent recall out of her using treats as bribes, and that was me started training from 6 weeks. Collie bull and other lurcher crosses are usually much easier to train, they virtually train themselves. Tell us a bit more about what type of dog you have, how old it is etc and what areas your struggling with, we will try to help you, and I dont see why we cant have a joke at the same time, elstrudo Its you who should f**k off with your foul mouthed insults at anyone who disagrees with you :thumbdown:

see what i mean you get a genuine person asking you a straight forward question and yous just take the piss what the f**k is the point either be there to help or f**k off and go somewere else

you still here??.......the difference is...you're a bullshitter......and thats why your recieve 10 rounds of f...ucks whenever you post.

Now going back to to the original post......

you can start your basic training form day one mate......(assumng tahst you have a puppy)......plentty of play bonding mind you...dont over do it on the training as they can swtich off completely........a couple of 5 minute sessions a day should be plenty.......All you really want you dog to do is sit.... heel..... recall on command and retirieve....the rest is really instict....

there are plenty of good books abut and thread on this section if you care to look

best of luck... :drink:

Edited by Paul in North Lincs
Guest oldskool
just got new running dog could some one please let me no what the best time to start him and some advice on how to train him thanks .....steptoe

cool name mate, there is a few good books out there... although books certainly dont have the answer to evrything, far from it infact! i'm trainin my own now at the moment.. i had 2 and both were very different even though they were out of the same litter... concentrating on just the 1 now!! lookin forward to hearing more about your dog, it be nice to see a pic as well :) ..