Are Stolen Dogs Ever Recovered ?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yes dogs are found and returned the main thing is to let the sites work for you the more folk looking out for the dog the better i lost a dog only last week some tit walked off with the dog 28hrs late

Yes,- my mate had his stolen. Got it back from 250 miles away. Worked hard letting everyone know,- rescues, dog wardens etc. They had tried to work the dog, but it was a one man dog and wouldn't go ba

Chips matter most. The name on that chip can not be changed. The owner has to inform of change of ownership. As for ears coming off,- hardly likely if its lost. Helps stop some stealing the dog or ke

Micro chipping is a must. Even if you did find someone who had your dog cause they bought it from scum you would still need to prove its yours...................well if your doing it legally :D. A chip gives a 100% proof of legal ownership, its a no brainer :thumbs:

Read it again, no it can't. The details are on the database and you, the owner, would change it by informing them of change of ownership.

Why get yours done if you believe what your saying.

Edited by Gin

If your dog was found and it had been stolen, the original owner if they had not changed the details would legally have rightful ownership. All chips purchased for implanting have an audit trail and can be traced by the company to find out who the chips went to :thumbs:.

Read it again, no it can't. The details are on the database and you, the owner, would change it by informing them of change of ownership.

Why get yours done if you believe what your saying.

Same reason you had yours done and who said I belive from what I hear they can be changed so stop getting your nickers in a twist lol

I have a couple of problems with stealing dogs, because to have a good working I feel you need it from a pup.

I had a bitch stolen, she was taken about 15 mile away and was recovered making her way home, she had been clipped by a car and wasn't the same after, but she was a one man dog, and I guarantee anyone who tried to get into a vehicle who wasn't me wouldn't have fared well!!

She was my dog and has died of old age since, but I feel lucky, she wasn't chipped.

Edited by Tozer

yes dogs are found and returned the main thing is to let the sites work for you the more folk looking out for the dog the better i lost a dog only last week some tit walked off with the dog 28hrs later they posted a pic out for a run on facebook within 12 minutes of it getting posted I was informed who had him within 1/2 hour I had the dog back and 20 odd calls over the next few hours telling me who had my dog . we had spent most of the night looking for the dog and most of the following day walking the woods glens and fields but in the end the net paid off and I got the dog back .

again I would like to thank all the lads and lassies that called and emailed me a few of the lads that helped are members off this site you no who you are thank you. atb chester

• Like 3

all track dogs have to be chipped they are scaned before every race quite a few chipps had moved some had vanished some had migrated they were finding them in lower leg they say its down to not having lot of body fat so if they just scan neck area nothing their it don't mean dogs not chipped