Tail Docking

Personally I would nt have a dog in kennels with a full tail mine get enough knocks and cuts etc without having a long tail to smash every farts end and a few seconds pain when young save s a life time of pain when there adults well seeing the clowns who think up these rules and regulation s have no experience of working dogs

the vet is happy to do them ive got the paper work and ive had others done but i just dont like the process. i know im being a wimp but it upsets me that the pups cry and the bitch gets distressed. but i suppose they dont remember it being done

Whats more upsetting ? pups make a wee noise when its done for a second or two or this, a spaniel I rescued at 9 months old as an unwanted pet who at 18 months is working like a champion ( figure of speech )

post-89242-0-53238800-1390003130_thumb.jpg

Just to add to this my friends springer which is a pet dog and doesn't work at all has had to have its tail removed as he broke it on a walk he still isn't sure how. The vet was all for leaving it to heal crooked but he gave them the option to take it off which they have done. However the dogs tail became infected and the treatment has dragged on.

I have an undocked vizsla who hasn't had any problems so far.I bought him from a show breeder so the tails of the pups were left undocked. Show vizslas and working vizslas are still the same breed at the minute! unlike spaniels