How Did You Feel When You First Killed Something?

the only way you will ever find out how you actually will personally feel about it is when you have actually done it .you should only take any shot on live legal quarry , when you feel are confident enough to take the shot ,and when you are sure it is safe to take it regarding backstop etc . the next thing to consider before any shot is taken is are you are in a place where you are legally allowed to shoot. if it is not your own property make sure you have the permission of the landowner in writing and insurance . if you find having taken a shot at a legal live quarry and you don't like it, but you do enjoy shooting , you can always join a range / club where you can try other forms of shooting at dummy targets of various forms , like in hft.good luck.

• Like 5

If you don't want to eat it or have anybody who would appreciate it then definitely don't kill it.

Which I reckon is a shame as you are at that curious stage and it may well awaken the hunter gatherer sitting sub surface as it is in most people, even the anti's have it but its buried deep in delusional furry cuddling shite.

It runs strong in some of us from a young age.

I killed my first animal when I was 12 (2lb seatrout) and was completely over the moon at the thrill of it and the fact that it awoke a deep primordial instinct of the hunter gatherer in me.

That along with the thrill of taking it home for my Granda to fillet and eat made it very special especially after listening to his stories of fishing when he was a lad and his trawling days.

I still get the thrill of the hunt every time I pull the trigger or feel that heavy pull on the rod.

I also feel humbled and thankful for what nature has given me and admire its beauty also.

We eat anything we shoot and if I don't intend on eating it I don't shoot it, except for fox's, crows and rats.

Another huge thrill for me has been seeing my sons bag their first rabbits after spending countless hours shooting at targets on lovely warm summer nights.

You can't beat this shit dude, nothing comes close to making me as happy as being in the field with my loons.

Long may it continue.

Keep us updated on how your doing with this great sport we all love on here.

All the best

Chris.

• Like 1

BOOOMMMM HEADSHOT!!!!!!!

Just messing once you have taken afew or see the damages first hand on what pest have done. Eg: crows pecking out the eye of new born lambs, squirrels raiding pheasant feeders meaning more time and effort, rabbits destroying acre of crop and when farmers take 4 ton per acre at £160 a ton of feed wheat you soon see the positives out weight the negatives.

• Like 2