Fixed Power Scope For 22Lr

I am looking at a scope for a .22LR myself and although I have never used Leapers these two were recommended by a friend that has the 3-9x32 and has one on his .22LR and also an air rifle and is very pleased with them. I think they are in the price range you were looking at. Quite compact and I think there is a fixed or variable model. Both have illuminated reticles too. I am probably going to go for the 3-9x32 personally, and I think they come with rings which you could sell on if you didn't need.

http://www.tacticalscope.co.uk/leapers-3-9x32-bug-buster-cqb-compact-rifle-scope--qd-picatinny-base-rings-626-p.asp

http://www.tacticalscope.co.uk/leapers-4x32-bug-buster-compact-illuminated-mil-dot-rifle-scopeqd-weaver-rings-1899-p.asp

[BANNED TEXT] I was looking for a scope for a 10/22 I NEVER ended up geten was a leaders bug buster which was a 1x6-40 ao cheap and well built

The idea of this was to me was I could turn it down to 1 and use it for moving targets

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer fixed power scopes... better light transmission, lighter, less changes to zero, easy to estimate ranges by target siz etc etc.

And on my CZ Varmint in .22LR... with a Hawke 6x42... and very happy with it!!

And usefully under a £100 too when I bought it :-)

HTH,

Effortless

I really fancied a NIKON PROSTAFF 4x32, whats this like for a 22lr ?

There about £120 , but from what I have read seem to be a tidy lil scope.

Is 4x32 enough for a 22lr, the bloke in the gunshop reckon'd that you'd hardly be able to see anything at 50-100 yards. But I doubt that. Most rabbits with a 22lr I imagine would be taken around 40-75 yards ish ?

• 3 weeks later...