Never Thort Id Be Making This Topic.

craigynewall

Ya right ther mate my heating goes on 6 am and then i get up just after that daily due to my work routine then the light would go on in the bathroom all facing her aviary which she can see and hear and that is when she starts her screaminy pretty much when the central heating goes on or sees or hears some 1 start moving around the house. Its getting stupid now its weird how shes jus started doing it even though this routine has been set for a while pretty much everythig except in the last month i havnt been able to get her out during the weekdays with the dark hours setting in rapidly and dont see any daylight hours now except my weekends off work which i spend both days hawking weather dependant..

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mate am down near durham drop her here if needs be , see how she goes , offers there, shitter when no other falconers around ya to help out near by, likesay if ya stuck all do me best to help ya, can

My fhh has just all if a sudden started screaming like fck from first thing on the morning till last thing at night. Its been nerly 3 weeks since she started and tried a number of things but shes stil

Much appreciated articgun pretty ideal aswel as im only in sunderland.. I will see how i get in with her over the next week with me been off work il get her out everyday for a while hopefully get a fe

I really do feel for you mate, and I hope you can resolve the problem, strange how she has started after all this time, it is one thing I will not tolerate, it drives me to distraction, nevermind being bloody embarrassing, I think it is the routine they get used to that starts them off, when they are at flying weight, I am sure you already have! But have a plan in place if you cant stop the screaming, as in all honesty, once they start it can be very very hard to stop, best of luck pal.

I know mate trying to think of a whole new routine to the 1 im use nw which is gonna probs take a little time to slowlly adjust and get right. Iv stopped feeding her from the glove directly and changed the coat i used to wear as she used to know whoch pocket the meat was gonna come from as anyone got any other ideas to possible things i could change or try??

could be many things craig even lights going on in the morning,sound and association etc,change as much of the routine as you can,and if rich or yourself cant sort it you know where i am,ile give it a shot for you,atb mc

And thanks for the offer to take her on for a few weeks mate we will see how she goes and see what happns. I think its probably gonna need a few weeks with someone else to be hinest though i think it sounds like a wise idea for her to change everything the full setup and routine hopefully a few weeks will make her forget the back home routine she might go quiet could be worth a try like.

Ya right ther mate my heating goes on 6 am and then i get up just after that daily due to my work routine then the light would go on in the bathroom all facing her aviary which she can see and hear and that is when she starts her screaminy pretty much when the central heating goes on or sees or hears some 1 start moving around the house. Its getting stupid now its weird how shes jus started doing it even though this routine has been set for a while pretty much everythig except in the last month i havnt been able to get her out during the weekdays with the dark hours setting in rapidly and dont see any daylight hours now except my weekends off work which i spend both days hawking weather dependant..

thought so mate,humans are driven by routine and it affects birds wether you realise it or not,my offer stands,you know where i am,atb mc

Thanks a lot mac mate iv got your number there. ;). Its getting betong a joke now though mate took her out this morning in the woods for a fly she dropped down for a pheaant which just made off before she could get hold but didnt see anything else in there so fed her up on the lure. And i put her out in the back on the bow and shes done nowt but squawk even full cropped shes a little barrsted lol.

Squarking fully cropped hmmmm, that does not sound good dude, the other option you might consider is to shut her up in seclusion, down for an early moult, and hope she comes out quiet next year, is she squarking in the carry box as well mate? I hope you get it sorted mate, it is soul destroying when they do that.

Squarking fully cropped hmmmm, that does not sound good dude, the other option you might consider is to shut her up in seclusion, down for an early moult, and hope she comes out quiet next year, is she squarking in the carry box as well mate? I hope you get it sorted mate, it is soul destroying when they do that.

Seclusion doesnt seem to work either mate cos [BANNED TEXT] i stick her in the garage in her big travel box she still goes mad. Its just my luck for this to happen to me honest.. Like i say shes been doing so well hunting aswel. Doesnt make a sound in the field just at home :s.

What I am thinking, is to shut her up for an early moult, no contact whatsoever, feed through a hatch, this should at least break the cycle/routine she has got into, then out hunting early next year after moulting, it might work, might not, but I would try it, because from what you are saying, it sounds like nothing else is going to stop her, hope I am wrong, but if she is screaming in the box, and fully cropped, I cant see it.

I was thinkin about that myself charlie caller. Dunno what to do for the best to be honest.. If i was gonna put her up for an early moult surely id have to black out the full aviary light otherwise she would just see me pottering about in kitchen and going out to sort ferrets etc. so is fully secluded aviary gonna be best option?

Yep skylight seclusion is the only way I am afraid, I honestly dont know what else you can try, by all means give her to another falconer for a bit,and try it, but I just cant see it working if the screaming is that bad,but I would love to be proved wrong for your sake mate, if you prolong it and keep hunting her, there is also the strong possibility that she will start to scream in the field, if it was me I would do it now while there is still a chance it has not become too engraned in the hawk,whatever you do I wish you all the best with it, it makes it all the worse when the bird is a good hunter.

Any more progress with this situation Craignewall ?................nothing to do with me i know just been following the topic and interested to know how things like this pan out in the end.........must be soul destroying to put all that work in and see it go tits up for something not even directly related to flying,suppose it would be easier to take if it was an injury/accident or something at least thats par for the course on occassion.........hopefully it sorts itself out but keep us updated if you dont mind mate.

Edited by gnasher16

Hey lads. Just to let yous know i decided to put her up for an early moult with seclusion. Fed her riggt up and she has gone quiet for now, she Did squawk for 5 mins when i changed her bath yesterday but i can cope woth that as long as she isnt going from first thing on a morn to last thing at night.. If she kept screaming whilst at fat weight then i wouldd of assumed it might of been a injury and would of maybe ot her checked over by a vet but im glad thats been ruled out. Gonna let her moult an fetch her out early next season.. @gnasher @charliecaller.. Honest its literally soul destroying after getting up every mornin early getting her trained up etc and all the work put it to end up with a littl barsted screemer lol.. Last thing i want to do is get rid of her when i comited myself to getting this bird i made the commitment a lifetime commitment and swore i wouldnt just get rid of her under stressfull terms but reely ther is only so much you can take. Hopefully this sorts her out and shuts her up for start of next season. Cheers lads.