What happens now

I have been told that a friend of my dads would like me to have his rifle. This friend of my dads only has a few days to live i have no free space on my ticket. Do i have to take this rifle to a dealer until its sorted. or is there a procedure that is in place for situations like this.

MJT

I dont know about fac's but with SGC's the police can grant temporary certificates and the example that they give is for a widow(er) of a certificate holder so that they can retain the guns until they can dispose of them or gain a certificate themselves, the temporary certificate lasts for three months, there must be a similar procedure for FAC's

And in the example above i think another relative or friend of a deceased or terminally ill person would be OK

hope it works out, contact your FEO!

SFWUSC

yes in the uk, you need a certificate to possess shotguns (SHOTGUN CERTIFICATE- AKA sgc) or a Firaearms certificate (FAC) for sporting rifles, a SGC holder can own as many shotguns as they can secure, a FAC holder needs to show reason for the rifle and needs to have land to use the rifle that the police have approved for the rifle,before they can get a rifle .

You also have to have a safe for the gun and for a fac you need a seperate part for the ammo, i only have a SGC so i may have got some parts about the fac wrong.

Compo

MJT

I dont know about fac's but with SGC's the police can grant temporary certificates and the example that they give is for a widow(er) of a certificate holder so that they can retain the guns until they can dispose of them or gain a certificate themselves, the temporary certificate lasts for three months, there must be a similar procedure for FAC's

And in the example above i think another relative or friend of a deceased or terminally ill person would be OK

SFWUSC

yes in the uk, you need a certificate to possess shotguns (SHOTGUN CERTIFICATE- AKA sgc) or a Firaearms certificate (FAC) for sporting rifles, a SGC holder can own as many shotguns as they can secure, a FAC holder needs to show reason for the rifle and needs to have land to use the rifle that the police have approved for the rifle,before they can get a rifle .

You also have to have a safe for the gun and for a fac you need a seperate part for the ammo, i only have a SGC so i may have got some parts about the fac wrong.

Compo

MJT

SFWUSC

Compo

Interesting. I think it is interesting that so many are getting numerous rabbits on one hunting trip over in the UK, but I guess the trade off is the gun laws.

I am in the US and I can buy as many as I want/afford. I have a CWP (I can carry a hand gun on my person at almost all times in valid states), so I don't have as much paperwork when I buy guns. Yet, anyone that can own a gun can get as many as they want.

-SFWUSC

Interesting. I think it is interesting that so many are getting numerous rabbits on one hunting trip over in the UK, but I guess the trade off is the gun laws.

I am in the US and I can buy as many as I want/afford. I have a CWP (I can carry a hand gun on my person at almost all times in valid states), so I don't have as much paperwork when I buy guns. Yet, anyone that can own a gun can get as many as they want.

-SFWUSC

WHATS A CWP??