Newbie Oldmannewairrifle

Just wanted to say hello having just joined the forum.

A little about me. Before Dunblane and the law changes etc, I was heavily into FAC Police pistol, practical pistol, practical shotgun, sports shotgun, pigeon shooting, full bore rifle shooting both pleasure and match(but not to seriously) amongst other things like making my own reloads.

I got rid of all my guns, and cut myself off from the shooting community as a way to deal with giving up.

In 2000 I emigrated from Essex to Co Durham and have now got the shooting bug again.

Did a lot of research and found that one of the best and most informative sites was Vermin Hunters TV. I learned a hell of a lot and to be honest, in passed years I had owned air guns but never took them seriously. Since finding Si and Dave I have learnt so much and now appreciate air weapons as very useful and capable in the world of vermin control.

I intend to join a local club so I have somewhere to shot as I live in a small terraced house with naff all garden.

I recently acquired a Webley break barrel springer with camo synthetic stock, but havent fired it yet. Itchy trigger finger believe me.

I made a deal with she who must be obeyed that I would get a cheaper gun first before investing in a more expensive and better quality weapon. I have a 4x32 nikko sterling scope which came free with an air gun magazine subscription and have fitted it to my eye relief but have discovered that scopes and varifocal glasses do not go together well. I need to get some reading glasses then the crosshairs will focus.

I intend to make a few things like a rifle rest and perhaps a portable shooting table.

Well I think that should work as an introduction so bye for now.

'old man new air rifle'