Night Vision

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want to know how you get these night vision and thermol image gadgets,,, to stay on the dogs head......

" What happened to good old fashioned field craft? "   people probably asked the same question when folk 1st started lamping

What happened to go old fashioned field craft? I'll bet the fishing boats loved when sonar etc came about, no more fishing about all day looking for fish, just go out, ping, scoop them up. Look where

Posted Images

:laugh: @ Paulus, stick to being inspector clouseau being a clown suites you better :yes:

please tell me how this stuff will benefit anyone with lurchers, as already stated to be used in dark open fields they require a large amount of ir light that can be seen from miles away with another nv unit, a normal lamp and filter will do the same job with less to carry and less to go wrong :hmm:

But a lamp can be seen from miles away by anyone with a naked eye, far further than any NV unit.

check out how far away ir light can be seen from with another nv unit you might be surprised by the answer :yes:
I know how far. I've got a couple of units myself. It's not as far as you seem to think. But my point is, you're relying on someone else having an NV unit and being within range. Most people have got eyes and can see lamps for miles. Go to the North downs or Sailsbury Plaun and you'll see what I mean.

you assume everyone with nv is poaching lol a lamp and filter pointed towards the ground has little chance of being seen in the distance, i have lamped in some very large back gardens of houses around here :laugh: even with night vision you still have to turn the lamp on to run the dog anyway :laugh::laugh::laugh:
I was just answering your comment about others with NV units being able to see it. I don't poach.

With all due respect, I own and use one and you've stated that you don't own or use one.

erm.................i have stated no such thing :laugh::laugh:

Oh sorry, I read it wrong. Which units do you have? How about you pop up a photo of them? You could take it with a piece of paper as the background and put today's date on it, to show it's a current unit.

Paulus thinks that gen 1 nv is kiddies toys because it needs more light

in the form of IR to make it work better :laugh:

more ir light does make them work better :laugh: as does digital enhancement of the image after all no matter what gen the all work by gathering in light :thumbs:

kranky you waste your time trying to explain the inspector knows best :D

says the man who changes his name more often than Ethen hunt :D

Your point is? you hand out information such as IP and previous usernames like sweets to anyone who asks your dangerous as a mod :yes:

thats why we have to change are user names because you hand out private info we dont want everyone to know.

• Like 1