All

I can vouch for the quality of the sire and dam of these pups ( for what it's worth) as I have seen them work on many occasions.

Both dogs and seller are genuine, hence the reason one of these pups is coming up to Scotland. :victory:

Cheers

Davy

Your going all the way to Cheshire to buy a pup out of an 18moth old bitch?

I guess fools and their money.

• Like 7

Geoff,

I saw the litter of the collie cross pups and they looked like nice pups. A mate of mine had one and the dog's coming on really well now. You said that he was thinking of a repeat mating next year and I'd really considered it until I; 1) saw this add for pups off an 18 month old bitch, 2) realised that when he bred the whippet dog to the collie cross bitch, the dog must have only been around 18 months old himself and 3) I worked out that the first litter made you £2000 (10 pups at £200 each) and this one will be making you £2250 with you not keeping a pup from either litter.

In my opinion, there are 3 reasons why you would have a litter of your own;

Accidental mating

To keep a pup back for yourself

Wonga

Seen as you haven't kept a pup from either litter and the price of them, I think your doing the latter and I don't agree with it at all - especially when you've used an inexperienced, 18 month old dog in both matings.

I must add that when we spoke, I don't think you had any intention of keeping a pup back yourself. I may be wrong though.

Fumbles,

I can't seen how you can vouch for the bitch being an excellent worker with 1 season behind her. Promising maybe but not excellent :no:

• Like 7

Geoff,

I saw the litter of the collie cross pups and they looked like nice pups. A mate of mine had one and the dog's coming on really well now. You said that he was thinking of a repeat mating next year and I'd really considered it until I; 1) saw this add for pups off an 18 month old bitch, 2) realised that when he bred the whippet dog to the collie cross bitch, the dog must have only been around 18 months old himself and 3) I worked out that the first litter made you £2000 (10 pups at £200 each) and this one will be making you £2250 with you not keeping a pup from either litter.

In my opinion, there are 3 reasons why you would have a litter of your own;

Accidental mating

To keep a pup back for yourself

Wonga

Seen as you haven't kept a pup from either litter and the price of them, I think your doing the latter and I don't agree with it at all - especially when you've used an inexperienced, 18 month old dog in both matings.

I must add that when we spoke, I don't think you had any intention of keeping a pup back yourself. I may be wrong though.

Fumbles,

I can't seen how you can vouch for the bitch being an excellent worker with 1 season behind her. Promising maybe but not excellent :no:

I would like to address a couple of points that have been brought up 1 hot meat dog peddlar in 30 years i have bred 4 litters of pups in 1987 i bred i litter of 3/4 greys 1/4 deerhound kept two back for myself mostly for hares but made decent alrounders then in 1993 bred a litter of patterdales kept one back for myself lost him to a kennel fight litter three was last year 1/2 whippet 3/8 geyhound 1/8 collie one was to be kept back when purchasing the parent it was always my intentsion to breed them and keep a pup this would have given me three dogs all of diffrent speeds and temperments at the time there were thousands of rabbits on the land i work great bit of land but then it was hit with mixie and a wet summer just wiped them out so i did not keep a pup back and litter four is the litter that is advertised fail to see how this make me a dog peddlar

point 2 breeding of the whippets the whippet dog was bought to work and to mate with lurcher now the more i work this whippet the more i like it it couldnt put a foot wrong so when he was 12 month old i made the up my mind i wanted another one and along came the bitch now the bitch is completly different temperment from the dog meaning agresive now both the lurcher and the whippet dog can put her in her place but one of the lurcher pup would have been a different matter another reason not to keep one having already lost a dog to a kennel fight i am very mindfull that no dog can domanait the others than normal pecking order

this whippet bitch has been working since she was six month old ferreting to start then bushing and then the lamp watching these dogs work has changed my opinion of working dogs i have been a lurcher man for over thirty years just whippets for me from now on i still have the lurcher and will have until she dies and same goes for the whippets but these whippets give a 100% everytime and when they hit things it is at full pelt and as you all no when you go out with your dogs on the lamp or even in the day there is every chance you could come back with out one i read once one guy lost both his whippets on the same rabbit now my bitch will not stop for anything she has a fair few battle scars a bitch pup from the litter is going to a mate in scotland and a dog to one of the wifes work mates now if anything happens to any of my dogs i have somewhere to go to get a pup from my dogs as for it being a long way to come for a dog he says he has been on longer walks than 3 1/2 hours the one that is off upto scotland this guy has a 4 year old first cross colie grey great alrounder works to the shot gun flushes retrives from the gun works long nets does everthing he wants when he saw the whippets work he wanted one

point three wonga i dont no what this has do do with any body else but here goes when i want something i buy the best i can afford at the time when i bought the dogs i also bought guns three 1 hw100 1daystate air ranger and i air arms 510 s with all the scopes bags and everthing else plus three fast set long nets ferret finder plus 6 collers boots any number of jackets this came to well over £5000 the guy at the local gun shop rubed his hands when he saw me coming now even what the pups bring in does not cover my out lay and the lurchers went for 150 for dogs and there was 7 180 for bitches now i let one bitch go for 150 because i new them and ond dog for 130 because he was a pensioner total £1510 .as i said i dont no what this has to do with anybody else but there you go all whippets havent gone yet so i can not say how much wonga came in from them but for me if i want money i go to work and work hard do this and i find i can have most things i want hope this covers everthing i am sure you will let me no if not atb

Edited by Geoff Bebbington

So are you saying that you ripped my mate off by charging him £200 then? I was there when he chose the pup and handed over 200 pound sterling. 110% sure of that.

On your 3rd point; I think you've just proven my point in what you said in that. What you buy and how much you spend on your kit should have no relevance to how many litters you have, what price you charge or how much you make. Yet you felt the need to compare the two.....? Sorry mate. I don't often comment on for sale stuff unless I'm interested but this one got my goat.

I'm sure the pups will turn out to be fine dogs and probably good workers but I wouldn't give my hard earned to someone who's doing what you're doing.

• Like 2