My Bull X Eats Rabbits Whole Sometimes How Often Should I Worm Him?

my bull x eats rabbits when he has caught them sometimes he hasnot done it for about a week and ive only had him for about 3 weeks hes a bit head strong,im not concerned about him eating them but i wondered how often i should worm him,also how long should i freezer the rabbits for once ive gutted them ive heard anything from 3 days to three weeks but when we was kids we would eat freshly gutted rabbits and we never got worms can someone clear this up for me please

my bull x eats rabbits when he has caught them sometimes he hasnot done it for about a week and ive only had him for about 3 weeks hes a bit head strong,im not concerned about him eating them but i wondered how often i should worm him,also how long should i freezer the rabbits for once ive gutted them ive heard anything from 3 days to three weeks but when we was kids we would eat freshly gutted rabbits and we never got worms can someone clear this up for me please

i leave them in for couple of weeks if feeding raw but if i boil them fof the dogs they go straight in. the cooking should kill any worms or eggs.i take it you cooked them first when you was younger lol

Cociddiosis excuse the spelling and Leptospirosis I dont think they can catch the first unless they eat the guts or you pop the guts while your gutting it but the second one is apparently spread therw the flesh aswell, but please im not a vet just concerned because ive been told

Cociddiosis excuse the spelling and Leptospirosis I dont think they can catch the first unless they eat the guts or you pop the guts while your gutting it but the second one is apparently spread therw the flesh aswell, but please im not a vet just concerned because ive been told

Leptospirosis can only be be passed on through urine it's more common in rats a mice but rabbits,deer etc etc can be infected but as long as you piss the rabbit gut it and keep your lepto jabs up I can't see why it would be an issue but it's not through my limited understanding present in the flesh.

thanks for the answers everyone ill freezer for two weeks first and worm him regular,when i skin and gut the rabbit i give him the head he loves them but ill freezer them for two weeks too,jack20 yes they was cooked lol

if you cook flesh then obviously it is safe to use fresh meat. i have always frozen rabbits, hares and venison for 3 days and never had any problems, although everybody will tell you different. a dogs digestive system is very different to ours, for a start the stomach acid is so strong that most bacteria are killed by it. also their immune system would be capable of standing up to different infections than ours. i mean, how often do you see dogs eating sheep shit, or rotten old carcases they have found and they rarely even get a loose stool as a result. imagine what that would do to us!

Leptospirosis can only be be passed on through urine it's more common in rats a mice but rabbits,deer etc etc can be infected but as long as you piss the rabbit gut it and keep your lepto jabs up I can't see why it would be an issue but it's not through my limited understanding present in the flesh.

Hi Westy, I got told by what I would class as a reliable source, that theres quite a few types of lepto, but the jab only sorts one type out, so not really worth the bother?