Daystate Huntsman Regal Stiff Bolt

Well it is back, picked up from Countryside Guns of Boston today. Steve and I tried the bolt, seems ok so now the proof will be in the shooting. Crestfallen lad has returned his today.

No job sheet or explanation of the fault or work undertaken.

No apology from Daystate about the fault or inconvenience. Do I detect a desire for these faults to be kept quiet?

I said earlier, I think they will try and "PR" their way out of these faults.

Overall customer service, well I had to chase them, an e mail should not go unanswered for a week and a half. No explanation of work undertaken, so, is it a Regal fault? A duff part? Or lack of quality control?

You see, now it will niggle, now I will be waiting for another fault to develop. I will not trust the rifle on jobs. The S410 will come with me in case.

So, Daystate are a little bit better than BSA, after you chase them. They are none comital when asked a question, lack of communication breeds mistrust in my book.

Time will tell, but marks out of ten? Three.

• Like 1

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I returned my Regal with a stiff bolt,under-power performance and the barrel sleeve rotating loose whenever I screwed on/off my Silencer. Nigel at Wighill Park Guns, Tadcaster, where I bought it from

Daystate are over rated and over priced ,I will not be buying anther one, just paid £51 for a mag ,what a rip off

Thanks Simon. Had two replies today from a nice Rebecca via e mail. They aim to have the rifle fixed and back with the RFD by the middle of next week. Once asked it seems folk can be prompted to resp

I hope so Tim, RFDs seem at fault too here. The more you dig the more sob stories surface. I cannot help being a cynic at my age, you are right but the question is still why? If dealers know they are faulty why sell?

The RFD where I bought this stated yesterday he would not be surprised if they recall most Regals. Do not see that happening myself, they will try to weather it with PR. Or like BSA the tortoise, tuck your head in your shell, pay off a few reviewers to say its nice and carry on regardless.

Heres a challenge Shooting Press, have rifles reviewed by real shooters. Do long term tests on every make over time, what? Would not sell copy?

Or do we need a nanny state Office of Gun Standards? "Ofgun".

Sorry, I just spilled my tea on the keyboard. I crack myself up somedays.

I've been banging on about this for years, you never seem to read an honest gun review in the mags, each new rifle is wonderful and worthy of your purchase etc

In my eyes, the magazines exist simply to ensure that the unwary spend as much as possible on kit they simply do not need at prices they can't afford...

I totally agree. The only publication that seems to criticise is Shooting Sports, they will also publish letters from folk like us with a complaint. Even so, the usual air rifle reviewers surface in this magazine and sing praises. The main criticisms come in the rim and centre fire sections.

This Regal saga is actually hacking me off. My wife died last week and this was a present from her for my birthday. If it is not right it is a full refund job and an AA Ultimate Sporter, why I didn't go that route in the first place......

Mate , So SORRY to here about your wife ,its the last thing you wanted to happen with the last present from her .

• Like 1

Thank you. Expected but still a shock. You know, one thing that all companies fail to do, is take into account folks circumstances. No I am not a sympathy seeker, just pointing out the symbolic meaning of things. I think thats where these people need to take a few lessons.

That rifle that goes wrong could be a lads birthday present, a Christmas present. That could put him off shooting for life.

They take large sums of money, seemingly churn out untested and faulty items. Then do not have the courtesy to explain, apologise or even acknowledge it is their fault.

This is Daystate eh? One of the best?

My juries out on that.

• Like 2