Buying

• 2 weeks later...

Rang this guy on evening enquiring about pups he had for sale,they were avdertised as deerhound greyhound x saluki x greyhound on the buy and sell,[no pictures],he lived about 80 miles away from me,he told me over the phone that he had both parents of the pups and no expence was spared feeding these pups,and both parents of the pups were killing anything and everything,there was nothing that could get away from them,he had me interested in a couple of pups at 75 punts a pup,so i said to him that i will leave now and i would ring him when i was half way to him,so my mate and i started our 80 mile journey to see these world beaters,so after a hour or so we pulled over the car and rang this guy to make sure the pups were still there,[nothing worse than to get there and find all the pups sold],he told us that he was willing to drive up 30 mile to meet us and he would bring pups and both parents with him,so we agreed and said we would meet him at a certain place,when we arrived he was there sitting in his van,we got out and interduced ourselfs,he looked like a shady f****r,started telling us about the hares he killed with the bitch of the pups,also told us that the bitch was only two and a half week to pup and she coursed and [wait for it] killed a strong winter hare,considering it was july and the pups were six week old,so anyway he opened the back of the van and out jumps two half starved lurchers,a dog and a bitch,the dog looked like a half starved collie cross,and the bitch looked like a greyhound,he told us the dog and father of the pups was a genuine first cross deerhound greyhound,and the black bitch was a genuine saluki greyhound,also told us that she followed the greyhound,because she was so smooth,so on to the pups,6 pups huddled in a corner of the van shaking and by the looks of things given another week and they would be all dead,i looked at the so called mother of the pups and just by chance i had a look at her ears,and they were tatooed,i asked him why her ears were tatooed and he told me he done them just in case she was ever stolen,i also commented on the bitch was dry as she looked like she never had pups but he had a answer for that,he told me the pups were eating at three week so he took her away from them and he had got her back in shape for the coming season,,my mate told him that the bitch was no more the mother of the pups than he was,which he was,nt to impressed with,he asked me was i interested in two pups and said he would do a deal with the two pups since we travelled up 50 mile to see them,i told him he should be shot with the way the condition them pups were in,he was then asking 50 punts a pup,which had dropped 25 punts,i said i dont think them older lurchers were related to them pups,he swore blind they were ,but we decided to leave and he followed us over to the car demanding we give him a few pounds for his petrol as he did travel 30 mile to meet us,my mate lost it,he told him he was going to report him to the DSPCA,and he was going to go to the nearest cop shop and report him for cruelty to animals,my mate took down his reg and then this f****r jumped into his van and took off at high speed but as he was going out of the forecourt he crashed into a another car that was coming in,the law was called and the cops were taking statements when my friend told the copper who he was and what he was doing down in his part of the country and also asked the cop to look into the back of the van,my mate gave a statment to the cop and the cop told him he would be in touch but that was close to 18 years ago but he never heard any more from the coppers,we always wondered what ever happened to the two lurchers and the six pups,guess we will never know...it has thought us a big lesson,never meet someone on the road to buy a dog or pup,alway make sure you see when this dog lives and the condition he lives in,i always find if a young pup is living in great conditions and is in good condition itself, then its well worth going for it if its what your looking for.....

Derek.

Edited by Derek1962
  • Like 2