Moving A Shotgun

The best thing to do is transfer the gun so it is on both SGCs then either of you can have it in your possession at any time. If you do that you should BOTH send off a letter the same as if it had been sold. It doesn't need any special form, photos. or money.

I want to move my shotgun to a friends cabinet which is closer to my work but dont know what I need to do to make sure its all legal etc. Can anybody help me and tell me what I need to do?

Thanks

If this move is designed to last for more than 72 hours and you will have access to the cabinet, you need to advise the Police, if he is in a different region then you need to advise both regions.

The easiest way to deal with this if you are storing it in his cabinet is to transfer ALL the shotguns stored in the cabinet onto yours and his SGC.

If he is just looking after it for you and you have no access to the Cabinet, simply advise the region/s you have joint custody of the gun.