My Starlight Archer ?????????????

had it about a yr now shot a little with it but use it for getting close to those lamp shy rabbits for the lurchers,but recently got a few little bubbles on the lense when I switch the infa red on ,is this muck on the lense or in the lazer itself ????? if so can I clean it with something ???????

I would also say your problem is with the Firefly lens - are you getting what is called 'fish eyes' when you look through the Archer. If so, then yes the problem is with the laser. I was always getting this problem until I got hold of the rubber inner part of a milking machine cluster and cut a 3" piece off it to fit over the outlet on the laser. Since then I have changed the laser for a 800IR Nightmaster - no problems when it gets wet - tissue off and IMO works better than the Firefly.

yes fish eyes sounds a good description can I clean it as I don't know what n how you meant by your remedy ???

Hi mate most of the time the marks are on the outside of the firefly lens use a cotton bud made damp then a tissue to dry it. It may not get them off first time but it will work.

shootingcharley.

yes fish eyes sounds a good description can I clean it as I don't know what n how you meant by your remedy ???

Hi mate most of the time the marks are on the outside of the firefly lens use a cotton bud made damp then a tissue to dry it. It may not get them off first time but it will work.

shootingcharley.

Just to add to Shootingcharley's advice - make sure you move the cotton bud across the laser's lens - not in a circle movement. The remedy I previously mentioned (using the rubber from a milking cluster) was to slide it just over the end of your laser to act as a visor to stop rain touching the lens.

DSCF1293_zps5e542417.jpg

• 5 months later...

Gibbo,

I have a archer and I used to have a firefly what did exactly the same as yours. I cleaned it with no luck so returned it to where I bought it from they cleaned it but it was still the same. I returned it to starlight and eventually got a replacement as it was still under warranty. I sold it and bought a night master 800 and find it much better for shooting at distance.