New Season

The new season started for my mate "Charlie" and his female harriss "RUBY" last week,he'd started her off with a few lamped rabbits the week before and was looking to give her a bit more after catching a couple of ferreted rabbits on the Sunday,so last wednesday I invited him up to the estate for a few rabbits and birds to help get her fitness up.I have no harriss to fly this year as I let the kid I was teaching take him earlier in the year and its nice that they are both doing well.

We met at the farm and I brought my mate as we were to carry on ferreting with the dogs after flying Charlies bird,we arrived to see a rabbit going in under an oak tree set out in the field,Charlie decided to fly her off the fist rather than out the tree and so the ferret was popped in and a rabbit bolted almost immediately,the bird caught it in style just before the cover

getting her to give it up took a while

so after a good start we enjoyed a good couple of hours accounting for 3 rabbits,6 partridge and a good flight on a cock pheasant that she hit very hard,she was fed the head and neck of this bird and we left it at that.

we shall be going again this week,atb,WM

• Like 6

I invited Charlie up to another little estate I do the pest control on last wednesday 8th,we thought a couple of hours on the rabbits would help sharpen her fitness up a bit and so after unloading the hawk,dog and ferrets we set off for a bit of fun,Chaz decided to let her follow on letting her watch his GSP work the fields and hedgerows,it did'nt take long for the dog to come on staunch point marking the edge of a small copse,"RUBY" the hawk set herself above knowing that the dog would flush on command ,the dog flushed the rabbit and it was all over very quick for rabbit number 1.

" Mack on point"

"RUBY" waiting to go above the bunnie

then its all over

This set the tone for the day catching a few more over the dog, we then ferreted a small hedgerow getting a few nice flights across the field untill she nailed one of my coloured ferrets after missing the rabbit and so we called it a day,she is getting fitter each flight she has and it won't be long untill she's right back to her best,anyway here's a few pics of the rest of the day,its hard to carry the ferrets,nets,bag and take pics all at once but some turned out reasonable,WM

• Like 1