Lure Machines

I've got it attached thanks some welding and bolts, just trying to figure out wether to use para cord or 60lb fishing line went to look at some cord at b&q but it's 98p p/m and im after allot so looking elsewhere atm. Shaun

I've got it attached thanks some welding and bolts, just trying to figure out wether to use para cord or 60lb fishing line went to look at some cord at b&q but it's 98p p/m and im after allot so looking elsewhere atm. Shaun

bitta advice don't use fishing line if the dog gets caught in it,ll rip the dog to bit,s get a good cord and the last 5 to 10 metere,s should be able to stretch an snap just in case the dog catch,s it alb.

The line you want.... is ROLSEN BUILDING LINE....will snap under a good amount of strain....

Rope will burn like fook.... i know :yes: ....

Turn the lure away from the dogs... and put a turn in 20/30 yards back.... and then run the line up to the dogs..... means when you stop the lure level with you... the dogs arent skidding into a lure machine.... like you see at the racing at dog shows....

I put a 'breakaway' in... stops the dogs getting tangled up in the line once they catch the lure..... is just 'breaks' off.... but i usually muzzle them....

Great fun... and a good tool to own :thumbs: ....

20131003_195658_zps2c3ea96d.jpg

20131003_195716_zpsca595611.jpg

20131003_195755_zpsc5257eb7.jpg

Edited by Blue Pocket Rocket

B.P.R what way is the wheel attached to the motor of your lure .

Just a cog shaped like a star.... i could take it apart... but not wanting to step on anybodys toes....

Lure is from graham4877.... and is the cheapest ive seen....

You can also pick them up at whippet racing tracks for a few quid....

Just a cog shaped like a star.... i could take it apart... but not wanting to step on anybodys toes....

could you post a close up pic of it or pm it to me if you like .

get some pics up mate of what youve done may help others. ATB

Will do (no eye deer), total cost of the build is £30 witch I payed for the starter motor, got some box metal tubing from scrap yard for free, and a barrow when from allotments for free, il put up a pic tomorrow when I get home from graft. Will look into it, b p r