Beagle Packs

jeemes

yes his name was john i think he was a retired headmaster. there was a lovely old couple called jack and stella who regularly attended and some names i cant remember (age) i would have to check through the old diarys. quite a few of the meets were in north cumbria penrith etc also over buttermere area and so on. i honestly could not tell you if anyone took over the pack or if they are still in exsistance. had some great days out back in the day. :thumbs:

j

Used to follow the cumbria beagles many years ago.

ferretingpics426_zpsfde8cfd6.jpg

Is that the Cumbria Beagles thats hunted by an older chap...John something? When I followed them at Shap I think it was. They used radios because they are all getting on a bit. Great little pack, we had a smashing afternoons sport with them. Besides my wife kids and me there was only one other bloke making up the field and he came on the bus! I think they are still going arnt they?hope so.

john hume was Huntsman from 1972

j

Used to follow the cumbria beagles many years ago.

ferretingpics426_zpsfde8cfd6.jpg

Is that the Cumbria Beagles thats hunted by an older chap...John something? When I followed them at Shap I think it was. They used radios because they are all getting on a bit. Great little pack, we had a smashing afternoons sport with them. Besides my wife kids and me there was only one other bloke making up the field and he came on the bus! I think they are still going arnt they?hope so.

john hume was Huntsman from 1972

Thats it I remember now you say it. I think he was a retired school master.