HELP!!!!!!!!

My 5 yr old pat bitch came out of season 3 weeks ago. As usual her appetite left her and she was picky with her food. Shes now on antibiotics for a womb infection and wont eat. shes drinking like a fish and pissing like a race horse. But she will not eat more than a couple of mouthfulls per day and shes losing weight rapidly.

Tried boiled chicken and rice, sardines, tuna, wheetabix and milk, puppy food, raw chicken, rice pudding,

any suggestions appreciated

YIS

Sam

Edited by sam3009

VET: fast!

If she has a womb infection, did the vet diagnose that? If so, chances are she'll need to be spayed or die. Pyometra is very serious: and one of the signs are drinking and peeing a lot. Get her to the vet asap.

• Like 2

VET: fast!

If she has a womb infection, did the vet diagnose that? If so, chances are she'll need to be spayed or die. Pyometra is very serious: and one of the signs are drinking and peeing a lot. Get her to the vet asap.

+1 vets asap

thanks for replies

the womb infection was diagnosed by my vet who initially thought it was a UTI. Since my last post shes been back to the vet and had 2 prostaglandin shots 24 hours apart which seems to have done the trick and her appetite has returned. The remainder of her antibiotics should see off any remaining infection.

YIS

Sam

Good work.

It's all well and good home treating our dogs but what sets you apart is knowing when to use the vet.

Left in a kennel I bet she would of died.

I hate vets with a passion, I've only got experience with the local franchise vets that ram Iams and Spaying at 6 months down your throat.

But at times, we need them :thumbs:

thanks for replies

the womb infection was diagnosed by my vet who initially thought it was a UTI. Since my last post shes been back to the vet and had 2 prostaglandin shots 24 hours apart which seems to have done the trick and her appetite has returned. The remainder of her antibiotics should see off any remaining infection.

YIS

Sam

keep an eye on her for any horrible smelling discharge abit like sweaty feet :icon_eek: