First Catty Attempt..

I make loads from Hawthorn. It's nice for catties. You can work them into all sorts of shapes and they have a nice finish.

My favourite fork is a plain apple one that has had nothing more done to it than the bark scraped off and a bit of sanding. I've taken loads of game with it. No one criticises it because it does the job better than loads of prettier forks.

Ignore anyone that isn't pleased for you, it just shows what sort of a person they are. You can pity them but don't take any notice of them.

How are you finding the triple black bands?

• Like 1

Lol!! It does tear and there is a bit of noise. But the thing is, everyone is different and every type of elastic shoots differently, you'll need to try a few different set ups until you can be sure which one is best for you.

Half the fun of shooting catapults is trying different methods and seeing what you feel is best.

It came out alright..DSCF0587_zps4a1002c4.jpg

made of hawthorn, sheepskin pouch, triple theraband black. I look forward to catching some pigeons with it :thumbs:

To me it looks better than any cross ply one ,,, I would just re tie pouch as too much elastic on pouch hurts you hands when shooting ,,, I know we used to use square rubber as kids tied on with twisted wire then tapped over .. I will say too if you can use it and are happy with it who cares ;);)