Hunting Scene Tapestry

without seeing the back its hard to tell--if the backs hardboard,cardboard or ply its 60s 70s ---the frame looks fairly modern for the scene and the colours arn`t vivid enough for the period its depicting which is 16th 17th century ---value wise I would`nt have a clue but all your charity/recycling shops are all pretty clued up now if was worth a lot / rare they`d of banged it in auction ...

Edited by the_stig
  • Like 2

First impression was it was a French scene not English and I would make the scene in the reign of george the lll or louis XV of france around 1750. When it was made though is anybodies guess.

Have alook at a genuine one from that time and note the diffence in the colours.

3328.jpg

TC

• Like 2

I dont think its old ,its not hardboard or ply though ,its material stretched out over a wooden frame then put into the main frame , just never seen one before and took a punt on it ,strange thing is theres no prey in it , so it could just be a very old gay dogging picture .I dont think its particularly nice Ive chucked it in the shed now its to big to go in the house , if any body wants it they can come and get it give me what i give the shop .