Well, That Worked ....!

:) Been in brain storming session, with our DJH60, about a new trap I need. Buggered if I can figure out how it'll work.

I know what I need. Just can't see how he could make it! Left him with that headache, for now. I'll be buying more traps off him, anyway. I Love his work! :D

Meanwhile, I had an idea of my own here and decided to try a little experiment. The sparrows are coming back, see? And I desperately need to get them.

Trouble is, they act differently, around a trap, to other birds. Hence I'm catching anything But! Chaffinches are the same. Both birds just don't go into my trap cage as easily as the rest.

So, I used a twist. Now, obviously, I can't disclose bird catching methods on here, or any other public place. I'd lose my license! :icon_eek:

I don't care what people are putting on You Tube. I'll only ever speak obliquely of traps.

Anyway, I added a twist, to one of my other traps. Aimed at getting round this sparrows behavioural 'problem'. Bingo!

tn_P8230095_zps30f08b75.jpg

Yes, okay. Obviously, it's not a bloody sparrow! :laugh: But, I first caught this dear little soul back on the 3rd. (Look at his little foot, gripping my finger! Bless! :D)

Now, I've just Recaught him, in next to no time, using my new trick. And, if it works for him? It'll work for the sparrows :thumbs:

Absolutely Gorgeous little thing he was too! Not a peep or a ruffled feather out of him :DSo trusting! Little wonder chaffinches are amongst the first few birds that will learn to feed from ye hand, given a garden feeding situation.

I'm gonna f**king Explode, in a minute. With the sheer Love for what I get to do here, on a day after day basis! :boogy:

• Like 7

What a little belter and one of my favorites is the Chaffinch and another pair is on the wish list for next year after loosing my cock this year and letting the legal but unrung hen have her freedom i do so miss them.