my male harris

wag

well i finally fetched him today he is a 5 year old male harris . i weighed him when i got home he weighed in at 1.9 fat little get :icon_eek: and he fed off the fist :D so it aint going to bad really for the first night.the misses took a few picks for you arnie take alook post-10209-1187819144_thumb.jpgpost-10209-1187819211_thumb.jpg[att

chment=20294:harris_hawk_012.jpg]post-10209-1187819354_thumb.jpg

post-10209-1187819271_thumb.jpg

Has he been hunted before ? and at what weight ?.

no he has not been hunted before he was used for display work but he killed 4 times while he was being flown in display, so the gentleman could not use him for display anymore because of this. He was flown at 1lb 6.5oz, in display, but i think his hunting weight will be slightly lower!!! The reason for me getting him also, is that my 10 year old daughter has taken a great interest in falconry too. :D

Edited by wag
Guest shaheen
Has he been hunted before ? and at what weight ?.

no he has not been hunted before he was used for display work but he killed 4 time while he was being flown in display, so the gentleman could not use him for display anymore because of this. He was flown at 1lb 6.5oz, in display, but i think his hunting weight will be slightly lower!!! The reason for me getting him also, is that my 10 year old daughter has taken a great interest in falconry too. :D

Glad you got him today mate :thumbs: ,i'll give you a phone call later and see how you two are doing :D

Shaheen.

just a quick up date on his progress. well had him feeding on the fist again yesterday then put him out thismorning with a bath he is now having a play in the water and loving every second of it its quite good fun too watch him in there really .so everything is going well at the mo touch wood :thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by wag

here he is drying out after his bath i am real pleased with him he has settled in well i hope its all up hill with him now.post-10209-1188050872_thumb.jpg

post-10209-1188050936_thumb.jpg

attachment=20401:harris_hawk_062.jpg]

post-10209-1188050958_thumb.jpg