Nasty Cut

i will google it. cheers for all the advice i had the bitch to see a mate that is a vet out of hours an he said she had done the tendon and advised alot of rest and salt water to keep the cut clean

took my bitch nearly 3 month to fully recover i had ultrasound twice a day on her aswell. good luck hope goes well :thumbs:

• Like 1

if it is tendon damage what will be the action needed?

happend to me last season. buy some odzon :thumbs:

is that why you walk like that kc? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

how did you get to be a mod :doh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

me and paulus drink in the same pub :drink::drink:

what "the man hole club"

If the tendon is cut through then nothing apart from surgery will stick it back together. One flat toe isn't too bad, so long as it is on a hind foot: keep the claw cut as short as possible afterwards as it will grow and grow as it isn't impacting the ground to keep it short. If it is a front outside or inside toe it can affect the dog turning at speed, and can get more damaged, maybe dislocated.

A stretched tendon can, with around 3 months rest, come back to how it was, but it's not guaranteed.

• Like 1

If the tendon is cut through then nothing apart from surgery will stick it back together. One flat toe isn't too bad, so long as it is on a hind foot: keep the claw cut as short as possible afterwards as it will grow and grow as it isn't impacting the ground to keep it short. If it is a front outside or inside toe it can affect the dog turning at speed, and can get more damaged, maybe dislocated.

A stretched tendon can, with around 3 months rest, come back to how it was, but it's not guaranteed.

paul evens said same. said could operate but could just go again best to leave it to heal. then road work stedily building her up if shes showing signs of lameness ease off :thumbs:

i will google it. cheers for all the advice i had the bitch to see a mate that is a vet out of hours an he said she had done the tendon and advised alot of rest and salt water to keep the cut clean

took my bitch nearly 3 month to fully recover i had ultrasound twice a day on her aswell. good luck hope goes well :thumbs:

The hydro pool is great for the recovery of damaged tendons. :thumbs: No pressure on the tendons ATB

• Like 1

The hydro pool is great for the recovery of damaged tendons. :thumbs: No pressure on the tendons ATB

sorry forgot did that aswell :doh:

sorry forgot did that aswell :doh:

:D:laugh::laugh::thumbs:

thanks everyone for all your advice. its her front left paw and her middle right toe if your looking at it how she would look at it. is there any way of telling if it is snapped or stretched at this stage? couple of lads have said about havin the toe taken off