Knocking On Doors ........

I'm 14 , me and my friend are wanting to get permission but dont know if we are old enough . I go clay pigeon shooting with him as he has go an shot gun licence but not a full one as hes not 18 . he has insurance and is a member of basc aswell . I'm getting an HW97KT and were going to knocking , will a farmer or land owner grant us permission or are we to young ?

Legally you'll need to be accompanied by an adult to and from your permission if you get any as you aren't allowed to legally own or carry a rifle in public until you're 18.

You can however use one unaccompanied as long as you have permission to be there.

Darryl

• Like 1

For a start you can't legally own or go shooting with an air rifle at the age of 14 on your own. The rifle must be registered in the name of someone over 18 and you can only use the rifle with them present or with any other person over 18. Have a look at the airgun laws before you get yourself into trouble ;-)

For a start you can't legally own or go shooting with an air rifle at the age of 14 on your own. The rifle must be registered in the name of someone over 18 and you can only use the rifle with them present or with any other person over 18. Have a look at the airgun laws before you get yourself into trouble ;-)

You can shoot unaccompanied from 14-17 mate as long as they have permission ;)

But as I said above cant legally own one till 18.

Darryl

• Like 2

You can shoot unaccompanied from 14-17 mate as long as they have permission ;)

Didn't know that mate. As you have to be 18 to own I thought you had to accompanied until you're 18. I'll need to re-read the rules again myself haha :-D

Edited by AirgunGuy

f****d that up...phones are hellish for quoting ;-)

What I said was...as you have to be 18 to own I thought you also had to be accompanied by an adult until you're 18. Need to re-read the rules myself ;-)

Edited by AirgunGuy