Any Body Shooting Any Council Owned Property

In days of old the council used to have there own guys that shot problem pest's up here any way , no there's none the council guys do bed bugs , wasps. etc , But i was asking about shooting ,ferreting rabbits in a cemetery and grave yard and it seems like health and safety have won all you get is a shake of the head and cant do that .

So doe's any council in any area let you control there pests ?.

In days of old the council used to have there own guys that shot problem pest's up here any way , no there's none the council guys do bed bugs , wasps. etc , But i was asking about shooting ,ferreting rabbits in a cemetery and grave yard and it seems like health and safety have won all you get is a shake of the head and cant do that .

So doe's any council in any area let you control there pests ?.

Risk assessment`s, warning signs, health and safety and some daft members of the public, all make the idea unattractive to me :hmm:

Yes, frequently.

I've had contracts to control rabbits and moles on recreation grounds, graveyards, schools, landfill sites and all sorts of places.

Health and Safety can be an issue; but only if you let it.

Luckily, I have a good H&S qualification, so I rarely get intimidated by the jobsworths...

A lot of it is about who you know and being in the right place at the right time. It can take years to build up the right relationship.

In my own case I know a number of councillors personally and they trust me. That is the bottom line, knowing you and trusting you. If it is a bigger council with quite a few "jobsworths" you probably don't stand a chance as all they want to do is cover their own backs and if there is a need for "pest control" they will use a commercial firm on the grounds that they are more "professional" and, in their eyes, it gives the council a degree of indemnity (rubbish, I know).

I am extremely discreet and tend only to shoot moderated .22lr with night vision between about 1am and 5am to avoid any contact with dog walkers or "the public". I do hang carefully worded notices at the entrance to the park and also inform the police that I shall be shooting there as it is a "sensitive" area. Most importantly my permission is in writing and I am a member of BASC for the insurance, and my shooting is not for reward (other than keeping the rabbits).