Setting Scopes

Hi...

having a real hard time zeroing my scopes on my rifle (just bought it) got told id need to set scopes as he was keeping the ones that was on the gun

rifles a pcp aa s410 tdr pre anti tamper

what's happening is when i get them spot on they shoot a 2p size group for around 8 shots no problem

but when the pressure drops they drop off target witch i think they should (not sure)

same goes for if i zoom in when they're set on number 3 zoom if i zoom to 5/67/8/9 then they group in 0.5m2 lol they go all over

once they're on and i put the gun away / back out they're way off and i need to set them again any advice, is i doing somthing wrong, or are the scopes :censored:

thanks in advance .shaun

S410 TDR

S410 TDR

post-32589-0-33352500-1372885973_thumb.jpg

post-32589-0-05988300-1372885988.jpg

Sounds like a bad scope pal

Geg a lend of a friends scope and see if it works and if so you scope is the problem

Also dont always fill the rifle to its full psi as there is a sweet spot were it more accurate.

Mh old daystate airwolf had a 200bar fill pressure but found better accuracy shooting from 160bar to 100bar

What kind of scope is it?

Have you checked the mounts are all tight? and that the scope isn't moving at all? As suggested above, try a different scope see how that gets on, otherwise then the problem could lie with the gun itself. Also try shooting without the mod, see how you get on then, pellets could be clipping it and getting sent off course!

• 2 weeks later...

are you sure it is not the parrallax setting of the scope? I know if you have a 100 yard parrallax setting in your scope and shoot it at 30 yards if you are not in the same position looking trough the scope all the time youre shots will go all over the target. Try another scope and see what happens

,first try the silencer make sure it is tight. Then try the rings, make sure they are fixed correctly and tight. They do not need to be tightened by a gorilla. The gap either side of the rings should be the same. Make sure they are connected to the rifle correctly as well. If that isn't the problem get a lend of another scope and try that.

It does sound more like the scope to me.

From what I've learnt you must choose a magnification and stick with it. Many say your POI will not change when changing magnification but it does. You also need to practice and work out the 'sweet spot' of your gun. My s200 I would fill to 190bar and fire off about 5 shots. This is where my sweet spot began and then ended after 30 shots. So you really need to count of the shots and work out when your POI starts to drop. I hated this and got a regulator fitted to my gun which makes such a huge difference. If you have the spare cash I would definitely recommend getting one fitted. My POI stays the same over 60-70 shots and there is no longer the problem of counting shots and being paranoid of my POI changing.

From what I've learnt you must choose a magnification and stick with it. Many say your POI will not change when changing magnification but it does. You also need to practice and work out the 'sweet spot' of your gun. My s200 I would fill to 190bar and fire off about 5 shots. This is where my sweet spot began and then ended after 30 shots. So you really need to count of the shots and work out when your POI starts to drop. I hated this and got a regulator fitted to my gun which makes such a huge difference. If you have the spare cash I would definitely recommend getting one fitted. My POI stays the same over 60-70 shots and there is no longer the problem of counting shots and being paranoid of my POI changing.

Correct me if I'm wrong people but I'm pretty sure the POI only changes if your scope is in the second focal plane. If you've got a scope in the 1st focal plane the POI will not shift :)

Edited by Mitchell Thompsett