First Airgun/rifle.

Hi Guys,

As the title suggests I am new to hunting and looking to purchase my first airgun/rifle.

I have got previous experience shooting a .22 rifle in army cadets (a little while back) however now looking to purchase one to go pigeon/rabbit shooting.

My budget is up to aroung £350 looking at both springer & PCP - Have been looking at a used BSA ultra are these any good? - any other suggestions would be greatly received guys!

Thanks in advance.. :D

The ultras are very good little rifles, at one of our meets in Nottingham one shot as well if not better than a gun 5x its price!

Personally i like the bolt action SE version rather than the strange probe cocking action front plunger version :icon_eek: (thats not the technical name for it :laugh: )

• Like 1

The ultras are very good little rifles, at one of our meets in Nottingham one shot as well if not better than a gun 5x its price!

Personally i like the bolt action SE version rather than the strange probe cocking action front plunger version :icon_eek: (thats not the technical name for it :laugh: )

Shot as well as a daystate ranger didn't it... ;)

Iv had one in .177 multi shot with the mmc cocking system and it was great accurate as hell sub inch groups at 60m, quiet, compact and cheap!

The only reason I sold mine was because it was in .177, I'm not a fan of the caliber but if I had a chance at one in .22 and regulated it would be ideal. prefect hunting gun 50+ shots light and easy to shoot out a vehicle

• Like 1

Match a Ultra with the correct pellet for what its barrel likes and shoot it correctly it will match a top end hunting PCP.

My Mrs Ultra SE 2 weeks ago beat a Styer target rifle, a AA MPR, a AA S510 and a HW100 in a friendly comp at my local club.

Infact it came first.

Great rifles.

Dont forget tho mate with a PCP you will need a Divers bottle or Pump, not sure about the pumps but i purchased my 3Litre bottle for around £130 brand new so maybe best off with a springer with your budget?

Good look with the search tho

ATB Mike :thumbs:

Edited by Miikee-L

Thanks for all the replys guys - Seems to be a well thought of rifle then :thumbs:

@Miikee-L, I'm looking into getting a Hills pump around the £150 mark the £350 was just for the actual rifle :D - would you say I would be better getting a Divers bottle as opposed to a pump then?

I cant comment on the pump mate myself as i have never used them, the divers bottle just appealed to me for quick refils and no effort haha, as long a the pump has a filter on to take out moisture then that should be fine!

Atb Mike