Reloading Different Cases

Is there a difference in terms of accuracy between different cases. E.g. if I were to reload say a winchester, a norma and a remington case, if everything else was the same would they still shoot the same.

Also what are the best cases for longevity? Are Priv cases any good?

Cheers

The general trend has been NOT to mix manufacturer's brass. The reason for this is whilst the cases have the same outside dimensions, the thickness of the brass can and usually does vary - if you were to weigh three different makes of the same calibre you will see there is a difference. Therefore the same amount of powder will fill a case to a different level and this can have a two fold effect - firstly, the velocity will vary which in turn will effect ones ability to make consistently accurate ammunition and secondly perhaps more importantly, if you are filling cases at the max, a heavy weighing case could jeopardise your safety - in a nutshell - best not mix them.

• Like 1

I knew different makes had different thicknesses but I never really though about how they would fill differently. I guess if I worked out a good individual mix for the main cases I have.

I have about 3 or 4 different breeds of cases and about 40+ of each. I suppose the other way is to find what works and see if I can swap the others for what works with someone who they work for.

I knew different makes had different thicknesses but I never really though about how they would fill differently. I guess if I worked out a good individual mix for the main cases I have.

I have about 3 or 4 different breeds of cases and about 40+ of each. I suppose the other way is to find what works and see if I can swap the others for what works with someone who they work for.

What makes of cases do you have and also what calibre are they for?

I had an issue with this, I reloaded some 6.5x55 ammo using Privi brass and the Load was too hot, it was a real struggle to open the bolt and eject the case.

The exact same load/bullet weight etc using Lapua brass was perfect and the bolt and ejection works fine...