A Weekend On The Moles

Sorry mate, i mucked up and edited it. ( thats me without a drink, too ! )

yeh the whole field was like that no realy hills just surface runs every where, that run was comeing from a wood and into a big set of hills about 150 hills in it. i put 2 traps in this one run about 6ft apart both talpex and got 3 moles in less than 12 hours one whilst i was in the field

Nice to see you are still getting moles nice post .Im lucky enough to work on fields that come off the more and hold water a bit better than the low ground and thankfully it has rained the last few days and should get them moving . Had to a just my traps again as I have been getting some young ones .atb Jamie

It seems from the photos,you got a nice bit of reasonably flat land,to work on.As im sure your aware ' perthshire ' can be quite hilly ground, also. LOL

no this is cumnbria-not far from ennerdale, well less than 2 mile from. ime not in perthshire any more as much as its a shame

Nice to see you are still getting moles nice post .Im lucky enough to work on fields that come off the more and hold water a bit better than the low ground and thankfully it has rained the last few days and should get them moving . Had to a just my traps again as I have been getting some young ones .atb Jamie

yeh ive just been mopping up the stragglers. pulled em all up now as ive got a job on in the north of scotland this weekend,clearing a stately lake of rainbows as the owner has a new found love for ornamental trout golden blues and tiger. one of the more random jobs ive even been asked to do!

well is about 100m across and 300m long and only 12ft at the deepest ive got the drawing plans ime takeing 2 nets up a sein net with 2 inch mesh and a 3 1/2 inch mono gill net the best thing is i get to keep the fish as well as getting paid.........i may put a few pics up

setting off in 20 mins

Now that is a nice result getting paid and keeping the fish. I would have had a few fresh water tanks to put them in and tried to sell them to a fishery as you might get a better price than the fishmongers.Sorry for going off subject be good to see the pics atb Jamie.

Now that is a nice result getting paid and keeping the fish. I would have had a few fresh water tanks to put them in and tried to sell them to a fishery as you might get a better price than the fishmongers.Sorry for going off subject be good to see the pics atb Jamie.

just got back in now,no pics of the fish as their off to market as wee speak! got a get full of bloody twigs thou! we did think of getting a few alive but its was all very hectic! end up we got 87 rainbow at around 14-18 inch and one unlucky brown that got gilled and died (the one fish i did keep) the rest of the browns are wild so we had to out em back for the owned. we also manaded to net a brood of ducklings that were all relised back into the pond, soo all in all i was a good doo. we recon about 70kg of fish came out and we hope for around £2.50 a fish if you want ile put a pic of the net up so you can see what type it was

just got back in now,no pics of the fish as their off to market as wee speak! got a net full of bloody twigs thou! we did think of getting a few alive but its was all very hectic! end up we got 87 rainbow at around 14-18 inch and one unlucky brown that got gilled and died (the one fish i did keep) the rest of the browns are wild so we had to out em back for the owner. we also manaded to net a brood of ducklings that were all released back into the pond, soo all in all i was a good doo. we recon about 70kg of fish came out and we hope for around £2.50 a fish if you want ile put a pic of the net up so you can see what type it was

Yes please mate ;)

mams012.jpg

fish boxes net and cool bags for ice lots of ice! its amaizing how many people go fishing and dont take ice so the fish are poor qulity when they get em back

mams011.jpg

the sein net full of rushes and crap and twigs! good net floats every 3 ft at the start then every 2ft and the bunt end

mams010.jpg

small mesh is the order of the day with seining their was a few that got gilled but most were bagged up nicely small hangings too to stop them going under the mesh

mams009.jpg

again net full of crap

mams007.jpg

unlucky brown

mams006.jpg

hear you can see the net marks on thim over the shoulders we got one about 6lb too it was a beast of a thing but we forgot to take the camra! he was put back with the rest of the browns to fight anuther day

Edited by perthshire keeper
  • Like 1