Lurchers catching Pheasants and Feather?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone!

I just wondering if anyone has any results to show from this last season?

Any stories or pics to show? :thumbs:

Personally all I have had was crows. The ducks and pheasants are so wild where I live. They are gone before you are within range.

The pheasants especially are difficult. The closest my dog has got was pull the tail feathers and get a kick in the face. :laugh:

Guest BIG FRANK
Hi!

Has anybodies dog ever caught a pheasant or any other bird apart from cute songbirds? I am only new to hunting with lurchers and my dog has nearly caught a pheasant twice. He clipped the tail feathers of a cock pheasant when he flushed it.

I would love to hear the stories!

MINE HAD A FEW CANADA GEESE COUPLE OF KOOTS BUT HASN'T HAD PHEASANT yet!

my 9 month old saluki,grey x bull,grey took two pheasant the other wk. one flushed by the terrier and was 5 foot in the air when he took it and one an hour later out of light cover! its all dog or ferret food so not complaining! although i had the breasts for my tea! :laugh:

My latest Kelpie bitch, now nine months old, caught a couple of wood pigeons but I have to admit that they'd been winged by the farmer first. She has a stronger hunting instinct than her half-sister and as a result I'm finding it harder to break her to the pheasants than I did with either of my other two. But I am trying; honest! :angel:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest it's all my land after 12

our pup has had 2 racing pigeons- the little b*****d jumped into the loft because the door had been left open, 1 had to be killed, the other he did yesterday and is alright.

I.A.M.L.A 12

Edited by it's all my land after 12
Hi!

Has anybodies dog ever caught a pheasant or any other bird apart from cute songbirds? I am only new to hunting with lurchers and my dog has nearly caught a pheasant twice. He clipped the tail feathers of a cock pheasant when he flushed it.

I would love to hear the stories!

i got a whippet chased 3 bunnys into a bramble patch few weeks ago and came out with a hen pheasant retrieved alive to hand, when he catches rabbit they come back dead and he dont like to give em up wants to bury them :wallbash: if only he had wings :gunsmilie: