My 14month dog has started to what seems to be suck air back through his nose and snorts and seems to struggle to breath for few seconds. Is this reverse sneezing and is there a cure for it.

Thanks for that,I have been out with him in long grass so could easily be pollen. I can't get the video to play but reading the text it is very similar to what he does. I will get him to vet to be on the safe side. It has only really started in the warm weather. If reverse sneezing could this effect working ability?

Thanks for that,I have been out with him in long grass so could easily be pollen. I can't get the video to play but reading the text it is very similar to what he does. I will get him to vet to be on the safe side. It has only really started in the warm weather. If reverse sneezing could this effect working ability?

not in the winter as there is no pollen :laugh: mine also do it after eating rice :laugh:

It is often an allergy and pollen would be one possibility this time of year but there are many possible causes based around a possible soft palette. Unless it becomes frequent enough to impede working then it shouldn't be a problem. If there are no palette problems but just irritation then even less chance of a problem.

If in doubt get your vet to check and are you certain its not kennel cough?

Link for sneezing

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?A=2335

Have you been buying dodgy rice off of Paulus.

Edited by sandymere

Dog is booked into the vets later today hopefully nothing to serious apart from the bill. I have had dogs that have done this before but not as frequent so never really bothered about it. Thanks for your input and paulus can keep his ropey rice.

• Like 1

His food bowl is lifted up. Been to vets and £37 lighter in the wallet. Given course of antibiotics and course of steroids. The vet thinks he has an infection in his nasal passage.

• Like 1

His food bowl is lifted up. Been to vets and £37 lighter in the wallet. Given course of antibiotics and course of steroids. The vet thinks he has an infection in his nasal passage.

i have often seen dogs doing this "reverse sneezing " , can't say for sure what it is but it stopped after a few seconds and it was mostly after they have eaten their grub (don't know if there is a connection) did he just do it the once or was it more? good old vet eh, if in doubt give a course of anti-biotics and steroids.