Burris Eliminator On A Cz452 .22Lr

So, I have been looking at getting some kind of range finding scope for a while and after talking to a few guys on here and doing a bit of research, I decide to take the plunge and headed to the gun shop (not the nearest one, not even the cheapest one, but the one that GAVE the best service..) with cash in hand.

I walks in and I gets a reaction a bit like what Django got when he was riding the horse through the first town in Django Unchained (if you've seen you will know what I mean, if you haven't seen it, SEE it!!). Anyway, unperturbed I make my way to the display cabinet housing the scopes and loiter..... and loiter... and eventually the nice man begrudgingly leaves the epic joviality of his little gang of hanger oners (who must be on the pay roll as I've never seen them not there) and comes over to see if he could be of any assistance (or maybe he thought I was shop lifting, I was wearing a pair of work boots and not a scrap of tweed ergo, I am a penniless scummer). I explain that I've come to purchase some ammo and would also like to see the Burris Eliminator scope....... Well fu*k my ole boots. The look on this mans face you would have thought I had asked him for his old mums last kidney! After a nice big sigh, he gets the key out and, as a last ditch attempt to fob me off and get back to his mates A-SAP, he asks on which riffle I'm considering mounting the afore mentioned scope. So I tells him "I hope to mount it on my new CZ452 .22lr and dispatch many a rabbit to ranges of 100yds my good fellow". So he said "That scopes no good for that rifle, its made for proper hunting riffles that shot projectiles at speeds in excess of 2000fps". Keys go's back in the pocket, quick as a flash! He then turns side onto me facing towards his gang and waits awkwardly for some kind of acknowledgment on my part that our business is concluded. I had two Choices: 1. Go WWF on this mother fu*cker, pick him up and use him as a bat on his mates screaming like a fricking banshee. Or 2. Politely leave them in their windowless and femaleless shop, go home and order it on-line.......

Thanks Uttings. If you had a shop, I would be one of your hanger oners!!!

post-84535-0-90989000-1370469620.jpg

And the moral of this story is.... Just because a mans on the other side of a counter, it doesn't necessarily mean he wants to sell you anything or has a clue about the products around which he is surrounded. And shop keepers...... I'm sure you get loads of people that just want to look at stuff with out buying it but your there anyway, you might as well give them a smile and a bit of friendly advice. And just because a customer turns up at 11 o'clock on a Tuesday, don't assume he's there at that time because he's un-employed...... he might be a retired property developer with more money than sense.

Ps. I must state here that not all shop keepers are bad. There are some excellent ones!

• Like 1

I did look at getting one from the states via eBay. It was cheaper but once I decided I was getting one I had to go and get it right away lol!

I love it. Only use it out to 100yds but it works for me and as a .22lr sub has quite a bit of drop, you really get the effect. Only thing I wish it had is a parallax adjustment for ranges under 50yds.

I did look at getting one from the states via eBay. It was cheaper but once I decided I was getting one I had to go and get it right away lol!

I love it. Only use it out to 100yds but it works for me and as a .22lr sub has quite a bit of drop, you really get the effect. Only thing I wish it had is a parallax adjustment for ranges under 50yds.

This really is designed for longer distances, no reason not to use it on a .2lr with subs though, for which there is a strong argument for this type of scope, perhaps you should suggest to them they do a Rimfire or .22lr version! :thumbs:

This really is designed for longer distances, no reason not to use it on a .2lr with subs though, for which there is a strong argument for this type of scope, perhaps you should suggest to them they do a Rimfire or .22lr version! :thumbs:

I agree, the idea behind it is for longer ranges but it lists the drop number for over 50 different .22lr rounds on its paper work (Not Ely subs though! All I had to do was zero the gun at 50yds and the workout the number of inches of drop at 200yds). I'm trying to put together a small video demo of ranging objects and giving the aim points out to 160yds based on my ammo choice. Where would I post the vid on here?

Burris now make an Eliminator III which has a side parallax and 16x zoom but that one really if for long range! You need to know the amount of drop at 750yds when zeroed at 100yds........ not sure a .22 has got the legs for that!

Name and shame that shop.

Lol, I'm not sure that's a good idea Rimmer. To be fair we all have days when we are a bit below par! I'll give them another chance when I need ammo and let y'all know how it goes!

Looks like a great scope.

Can't see any reason why you wouldn't want it on rimfire. Be ideal as well for .17 hmr or .17 wsm (assuming they do the ballistics for the latter when it finally comes out).

Not sure many people shoot at less than 50 yards unless shooting at night or on ground with a lot of cover. If you do it might not be ideal but otherwsie, where's the problem?

In fact just looked, Eliminator 2 has a long list of ammo coefficients for both .22LR and .17 HMR:

http://www.burrisoptics.com/Cartridge%20List-Eliminator-I_II.pdf

Edited by Alsone

It lists the data for about 12 differnt types of .17hmr but nothing for the .17wsm. It has drop numbers for rounds from 16 gram .17hmr upto a 766 gram "rifiked slug" what ever that is!!

My permision is quite small so it would just be nice to have a bit of focus below 50yds as you do get the odd Kamikaze rabbit pop its head out 30yds infront of where I'm laying every now and then.

It lists the data for about 12 differnt types of .17hmr but nothing for the .17wsm.

No it won't have WSM yet as WSM isn't yet released. Latest estimates suggest July.

Performance is around that of a .22 Hornet CF so provided they make the data available, it will be suitable for that.

Fact that so much .22LR and .17HMR data is available though definately shows it was intended for rimfire use.

Its just a pity they don't make a rimfire suitable version of the Eliminator III as the reticule and way it works is sublime, it tells you not only range and indicates a new aiming point witht he illuminated dot, but it also tells you the windage solution as well next to the range digital read out. For anyone who hasn't seen this:

elimthree02.png

eliminator-III.jpg