I Rang O2 .....

I wanted to top up my phone, yesterday. Seemed I'd forgotten my log in details. So I rang O2 to ask them.

Now, I must say, it seemed to take half the night, listening to 'the following options' and pressing 2.

But, how lovely it was, finally, to hear a female voice with a trace of Irish accent saying " My name is Linda. How may I help you? " :yes:

It was great! We then proceeded to communicate like two human beings who shared a common language. I understood every word she spoke and never once had to ask her to repeat herself.

Best of all, once she'd sorted my problem, I was able to say, " Thank you very much for your help, Linda. " Because I'd heard and understood her name in the first place.

What an absolutely delightful change from " Hullo. My nem is Rasheed ..... "

Nice work, O2 :good:

Unfortunately that will ALL be changing quite soon Pete so ring back everyday and speak to Linda as much as you can now as I'm not sure who you'll be speaking in the coming months.

I wanted to top up my phone, yesterday. Seemed I'd forgotten my log in details. So I rang O2 to ask them.

Now, I must say, it seemed to take half the night, listening to 'the following options' and pressing 2.

But, how lovely it was, finally, to hear a female voice with a trace of Irish accent saying " My name is Linda. How may I help you? " :yes:

It was great! We then proceeded to communicate like two human beings who shared a common language. I understood every word she spoke and never once had to ask her to repeat herself.

Best of all, once she'd sorted my problem, I was able to say, " Thank you very much for your help, Linda. " Because I'd heard and understood her name in the first place.

What an absolutely delightful change from " Hullo. My nem is Rasheed ..... "

Nice work, O2 :good:

Unfortunately that will ALL be changing quite soon Pete so ring back everyday and speak to Linda as much as you can now as I'm not sure who you'll be speaking in the coming months.

You'd think that most UK based call centers would be full of indians, but the fact of the matter is they aren't. I worked in a massive call center in Cardiff Bay, we handled Orange and Sky customer service. Around only 13-16% were middle-eastern (with the accent to boot) the rest were White-British or Afro-British (who sounded British). And we had regular conference calls with the other major centers in Britain and it was a similar ratio there. And this is an Indian company I worked for.

Fact of the matter is, most British based call centers contain British workers, it's foreign outsourced call centers that have a 98% Indian/Middle-Eastern employee ratio.

You sure she was Irish Pete, what with you and your recent hearing aid troubles? :laugh: You might get a nasty surprise over the next few days when a brand new and very expensive million minute a month contract lands on your doormat! :laugh:

Don't phone sky then,

Good evening my name is Gupta ,how can I mess up your broadband,wankers

I find Sky hit and miss. Either I get a very softly spoken Scottish voice when I phone or I get some Indian dude asking me how the weather is then proceeding to tell me how shite his is because it's the monsoon season when I automatically return the pleasantry! :laugh: I get less Indians now since I don't use sky broadband any more though, maybe their Indian call centres deal with the bulk of the internet stuff and their British ones deal with the TV.. :hmm:

i find it easier to get put through to the i want to cut everything off bit,then suddenly a white english persons voice is on end of line.

Always do this :thumbs: Tell them you want to be disconnected by someone who actually speaks English :laugh: :laugh:

Best one is here though the call centres are Spaniards no matter how much you tell them (In Spanish I might add) that you want disconnecting they'll say congratulations on your new contract :blink::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: and then bill you in advance :icon_eek:

i phoned sky because my box wasnt working... got rasheed or something who sounded like he was reading me chapters of the koran everytime he spoke.....

so i put the phone down.

got a call back shortly after from 'muhammed' who spoke better english and asked why i put the phone down....so i told him...

he proceeded to tell me i had to pay a 60pound call out charge which i refused........

ok...40....he said.....'nope'!

ok give me a minute....he came back with '20'?

'nope' i replied...'cancel my subscription and ill go with virgin'.....

ok ok mister....how does 15 pound sound?

"just as bad as 60! im not fcuking paying it!"

SOMEBODY WILL BE OUT TOMORROW FREE OF CHARGE SIR!

thankyou :laugh: