Ferret Finder Mk1 Revision 5 (Need Your Help) I Will Return

Com1 is a 30mm diameter plastic thumbwheel attached to a switched potentiometer.

Com4 is a ferrite rod aerial \ antenna http://www.maplin.co.uk/ferrite-rod-aerial-859

Com5 is a transmitter encased in resin. Contains a transistor, 2 resistors, 2 capacitors and a ferrite core. The hard part is finding out how many turns of wire go on the ferrite core.

• 1 year later...

An interesting thread, how did you get on with your quest?

I am asking because I have two, one has power through the switch but dead somewhere after that and the other works but needs some fine tuning.

Has anyone taken a mk1 transmitter apart, I got one that dont work and on the verge of cutting it open to find out whats wrong.

Mick Dadds has been selling copy collars for a few years now that his mate makes, they look exactly the same as the mk1 collar, he also services the mk1 box for around 30quid, I've had 2 of my boxes done by him, I'll bet if you took that box and collar to China you would get them both made for pennies,they can reverse engineer anything, I like your idea but you can't beat the chinese for endeavour and invention, WM

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...

Wierd.?? A pal of mine has the most in the know contact in China and indeed produces, imports and sells an amazing range of products. I was rattling on about Mk1 locators breaking down and he said he would sort it. Problem is, they couldn't. Don't know why but their man said NO. Now I reckon your best bet is the local Nottingham man who does repairs. Buy a box that's only good for spares or repair and let him loose with it. He also supplies collars which only slightly differ in the beep. I reckon someone on here knows who I'm on about and will give you detials. Good Luck. Going out ferreting.

There are genuine people on this forum who go out of their way to help you and there are others who you see asking for information regarding the locator and where to source parts and when you send them a pm for advise don't even bother to answer when you know they have read your message.

Anyone wanting to know any numbers of the parts used in the mk1 locator I will try and help as I have quite a few mk1 boxes and quite a few of the parts have the numbers on them.