Fac Application Process

Hi all. I'm looking at getting myself a rifle, possibly a .22lr. And even a 5+ semi auto shotgun. So what I would like to know, is what is the general process? Obviously applying for it is the first step. But what can I do to prepare for the application? I've already got a SGC, a cabinet I could fit rifles in and a lot of permission which people already shoot rifles on. I'm in Kent so it would be Kent Police dealing with the application.

Thanks for any help in advance..

Regards,

Rikki

If you know of anyone with firearms already, it wouldn't be a bad idea to seek their guidance and try and use the rifles as much as you can.

That helps regardless of the process as you can never have too much experience when it comes to any sort of gun but particularly rifles, that are capable of reaching very long distances if not used properly.

As with most new FAC applications these days, they may insist that you have a mentor to guide you through the first few months of owning a rifle, so it may be handy to have a name of someone who can fill that gap.

Other than that, have a look at the pinned threads in the top of this forum, there's a few "FAQs" in there.

SS :thumbs: