Slightly Split Cylinder

Guys a quick one i have a webley eclipe .22 and the rear of the cylinder right at the back at the top of the scope rail is starting to split do you have any ideas and do you think i could get it alloy welded or will it last that much longer?

post-69596-0-22580200-1367353910.jpg

It would be shit or bust if you attempted to weld it.

How on earth have you managed that?

I would gently try and tap it back with something similar to a toffee hammer. And I'm not joking. Anything heavier and you may knock it back too far and snap it off.

Once near enough in place get some metal filler on the cracks.

Or just live with it.

I would gently try and tap it back with something similar to a toffee hammer. And I'm not joking. Anything heavier and you may knock it back too far and snap it off.

Or just live with it.

Sorry what do you mean HOW ON EARTH DID YOU MANAGE THAT??????

I took it apart and it was like that!it's a used gun what the hell is a smear of metal filler going to do to the pressure of a scope rail otherwise it's going to get worse.

I will tell you what you f***ing plank. Stick that cylinder up your arse.

Last time I offer a comment to you.

Next time you take something apart WHEN you don't know what your doing. Try not to pry the end cap out with a large screwdriver. Otherwise you will split the cylinder. JUST like in the picture.

I will tell you what you f*****g plank. Stick that cylinder up your arse.

Last time I offer a comment to you.

Next time you take something apart WHEN you don't know what your doing. Try not to pry the end cap out with a large screwdriver. Otherwise you will split the cylinder. JUST like in the picture.

Think you know everything you stupid #### you make me sick with a comment like this all i was doing was asking for advice on what to do with this problem, i did not pry anything with a bloody screw driver that's probably your monkey style, now up yours and watch your mouth who you are talking to, you wouldn't speak like that if they were in front of someone would you so don't do it over email! :angry:

Or just live with it.

I took it apart and it was like that!it's a used gun what the hell is a smear of metal filler going to do to the pressure of a scope rail otherwise it's going to get worse.

This is one of the reasons am i right,with a forum to speak to like minded people,and get help and advise not abuse!

Dependant on the metal knocking the metal back inline a very little tig weld may do it but to much heat and you will distort it and f**k it. Welding would mean stripping the metal and re doing it, probs better off buys a new one

Thanks mate in not to bothered about what it looks like at the back cause it's right at the back as long as it wont break any more,i have looked around for another cylinder and cant find one,do you think it will last that long if left ?

Or just live with it.

This is one of the reasons am i right,with a forum to speak to like minded people,and get help and advise not abuse!

How on earth........!! You see that genuine reply as abuse is beyond me.

PMT?

Schizophrenia?

Something's a miss................?!!

Or just live with it.

How on earth........!! You see that genuine reply as abuse is beyond me.

PMT?

Schizophrenia?

Something's a miss................?!!

It must be a miss with you my dear friend don't worry there is always one isn't there.there there calm down now get back on the help topic or leave the thread!

Dependant on the metal knocking the metal back inline a very little tig weld may do it but to much heat and you will distort it and f**k it. Welding would mean stripping the metal and re doing it, probs better off buys a new one

Thanks mate in not to bothered about what it looks like at the back cause it's right at the back as long as it wont break any more,i have looked around for another cylinder and cant find one,do you think it will last that long if left ?

Not sure how long it would last probably be fine to be honest?! If you can get it back into place and flush it would be simple for anyone to TIG weld would take 2mins to do out and inside unless te inside is threaded but just outside would be strong enough