Up Dated List Of Shows, Racing And Game Fairs At 22Nd April 13

Hurry up and get your show dates in for 2013 and I will add them to the list on a weekly basis going forward.

Dates filling up fast

Sunday 12th May

The North West Terrier Lurcher and Whippet Club

North West Lurcher,Terrier & Whippet Club

Are holding a show in aid off Macmillan Cancer support

on the 12th MAY 2013

This show will be held at Killynaght Rd, Artigarvan

Strabane Co. Tyrone

BT82 0HT ( Please Note new Venue )

There will be classes for Lurchers, Terriers, Whippets, and a full class for Hounds, Gundogs and also a family pet show

Racing will start at 11.00 am sharp

With entries taken from 10.00 am to 10.45 am

Showing will start at 1.30pm sharp even if the racing has not finished.

This show is a qualifier for Mick the Miller Golden Coat Master Mc Grath at Shanes Castle

5 Nations at Birr Castle

And 32 Counties Champion of Champions

This show will be run under NILRC Rules

Tel. Barry Holland 07526069616

Tel Joe Boggs 07841699924

Mourne lurcher and Terrier Charity Show 19th May 2013

The Annual Mourne show will be held on Sunday 19th may 2013 at the usual venue of Glassdrumman Co Down BT34 4QW .There will be all the usual classes for lurchers, Terriers, Whippets, Strong Dogs and Hounds with top prizes as always. Weight pulling and of course the first qualifier for the Mourne All Ireland Digging Competition.

There will be racing after the digging on the day and will be split into elite and working classes, as it was at the Mourne race day in 2012. All dogs must be muzzled and all dogs under 21" will be measured. There will be stalls, hot food, and kids entertainment also on the day. A great family day out for charity.

Sunday 19th May 13

Kill Harriers Annual Terrier, hound and Lurcher Show
Sunday May 19 th 2013
Kill, Co. Waterford

All usual classes
For further information, please contact Mick on 087 7737997

Annual Florence Court Sporting Dog Show Sunday 26th May 2013

The annual Florence Court Sporting Dog Show and Racing will be held on Sunday 26th May 2013 under Northern Ireland Lurcher Racing Club (NILRC) rules. These Rules can be viewed on the NILRC face book page.
This show will be the first qualifer for "Mick the Miller Elite Golden Coat Challenge", the final of which will be held at Florence Court 2014. Further details will be posted later.
Due to Seamus Irvine retiring, Ian Greer has been asked to take over the running of Florence Court show for the National Trust. May we all wish Ian all the best for the future in running this most prestigious show.
Anyone wishing to hold a qualifying round for “Mick the Miller Elite Golden Coat Challenge “ at their dog show please pm ... Ian Gree

Sunday 26th May 13

Waterford Foxhounds

Annual Hound, Lurcher and Working Terrier Show 2012

Sunday May 26th at 1pm

Venue: Butlerstown, Main Cork Road, Waterford

All usual classes, pet show and flapper racing before and after show

Details from:

Nicky 觔 0035386 3100726

Mick 0035387 9820903

Gilford Lurcher & Terrier Club is Holding it's 14th Annual Dog Show at Moira Gamefair
Saturday & Sunday the 25th & 26th May 2013

Visitwww.nationalcountrysportsfair.com to view the Lurcher & Terrier events which include Showing,Simulated Racing,Straight Racing & Lurcher High JumpJune

Saturday 1st June 2013

Fiona Devlins Dog Show

At Annaghmore Raceway (Trotting Track) Co Armagh

The Northern Ireland Sporting Dog Club are holding their Dog Show and Racing on Saturday the 1st June 2013,at Annaghmore Raceway (Trotting Track )and will be run under NILRC rules.

Racing for Lurchers and Whippets. Entries from 10am.

The show will be a qualifer for the 5 Nations at Birr Castle, and both the winners of the under and overs will be qualifers for the Master Mc Grath.

There will be a Free childrens Handling class, and classes for Lurchers,Terriers ,Whippets, Hounds and Strong Dogs.

There will also be Ferret Racing and showing on the day.

Fiona has spent a fortune so far on Excellent Trophies and Classy Rosettes , and hopes to make this show, a show to remember. Fiona also hopes to get as good a turnout for the racing as last year!

ALL WELCOME

and anyone who whats to come up from the south over night or further afield , Please ring Fiona in good time for dog friendly Bed and Breakfasts if they plan an overnight stay

For any further queries Telephone Fiona on :07563025582

Sunday 2nd June 2013

Minerock Harriers Hunt Club

Minerock Harriers Hunt Club are holding their annual Dog Show on Sunday 2nd June 2013 in Caim, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford.
More details to follow later.

Saturday 8th June 2013 (* Please Note Change of Date of this Show*)

North Down Lurcher and Terrier Club are running their show at Movilla Road, Newtownards, Co Down on Saturday 8th June 2013. The show will start at 11.00 am and will be a qualifer for the Master Mc Grath at Shanes Castle and the 5 Nations at Birr Castle. All proceeds from the show will go to " The Support of Children with Autism " This show will be run under NILRC rules ( Full details Later )

Farney Harriers 2nd Annual Dog Show and Race Day Sunday 9th June 13 ( Please Note Change of Date)

Farney Harriers 2nd Annual Dog Show, Race Day, and Family day out, will take place this year :

On Sunday 9th June in Dundalk Co. Louth . The venue will be at the same place as last year at Junction 18 just of the M1 motorway.
There will be the usual classes for Terriers, Lurchers, Whippets, Hounds, Gundogs and Pets.
As it is a family day out, there will be a Bouncy Castle , Pony Rides and Face painting if weather permits.

There will be some trade stands and hot food served all day.
Showing starts at 12.30 and Racing to follow. Strictly, All dogs must be muzzled. No Muzzle,No Race.

Always a great day out.Looking forward to meeting up with you all there.

Sunday 16th June 2013.

Man O War Lurcher,Terrier and Whippet Show.

Man O War lurcher, Terrier, and Whippet show will take place at the usual venue, field opposite Clay Lake, on the Keady Castleblaney Rd, on Sunday 16th June 2013. This show will be run under NILRC rules. Full details later.
The Great Game Fairs of Ireland 2013 Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th June 2013

The largest ever Irish Game Fair will take place at Shanes Castle Co Antrim on the 29th & 30TH June 2013, when the Ballywalter Game Fair and the Irish Game Fair will combine to form a Super Fair under the title of “ The Irish Game Fair & Flavour Fine Food Festival .
There will be many more attractions ,three arenas, new international competitions, Lurcher, Terrier & Whippet Dog Show & Racing ( Full Details Later ) and an extra £15,000 in prize funds. 2 days not to be missed for all the family.

Tullylish Working Terrier Club

Sunday 7th July 13

Tullylish Working Terrier Club are pleased to announce they will be running a Dog show on Sunday 7th July. There will be simulated Coursing for Whippets and Lurchers. Showing for Terriers, Lurchers, Whippets and Strong Dogs. After the showing there will be weight pulling for Strong Dogs and Straight Racing for Lurchers, Whippets and Terriers. The show will be held in Laurencetown and will be signposted from Gilford and Banbridge Co Down.

The N.I CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS will be held at our summer show, all Northern show winners qualify

For all enquiries :Contact John Barry on : 07519216378

Sunday 14th July 13

The North West Terrier Lurcher and Whippet Club

The North West Terrier Lurcher and Whippet Club 2nd show of the year will take place on Sunday 14th July. with all profits going to Mc Millan Cancer Care nurses and Foyle Hospice.

This show will be a qualiIfer for the Countrymans Weeky Champion of Champions.
This show is also a qualifer for the 32 County Champion of Champions as are all shows in Ireland. ( Full Details Later )

Coolnakiila Harriers Dog Show + Sheep Dogs Trail Sunday July 14th 2013 .

Coolnakilla is in Rathcormac village, just 5 miles on the Cork side of Fermoy Co.Cork.

(1) Of the longest running dog shows in Ireland

Classes for Terriers , Hounds, Lurchers, Pets. Always a great show and a great day out.

Enquiries 086 - 8581224 086- 3719884

Sunday 21st July Kevin Ms Show

Are holding a show in Co Westmeath for the IWTF. Full details later.

DWTC Dog Show Sunday 28th July 13. ( Tom Barrys Show )

The DWTC will hold their annual show on Sunday 28th July at the dog track at Feaghbridge Coalisland Co Tyrone. This show will be run under NILRC rules. Full details later.

Shannagh Working Terrier, Lurcher & Whippet Club Sunday 4th August 13.

Shannagh working Terrier, Lurcher & Whippet Club are holding their annual Dog show and Race day on Sunday 4th August13.
There will be all the usual classes for Terriers , lurchers & Whippets , and are waiting confirmation about strong dogs. This show will have the annual digging competition, and will be a qualifer for the Mourne All Ireland Digging Competition . As an added attraction, there will be a 4 man Tug-Of-War competition, if there is enough interest. Hot food will be available in the field, and entertainment for the kids. A great fun day out for all.

National Country Fair Borris, Co Carlow, Sunday 4th August 13

The National Country Fair, Borris Co Carlow, All Lurcher, Terrier & Whippet Dog Show and Racing will take place at the National Country Fair, Borris, Co. Carlow on Sunday 4th August 2013. Full Details to Follow Shortly.

Co Laois Hunt 2nd Annual Dog Show Sunday 11th August 13( Please Note Date Change)

Co Laois Hunt 2nd annual dog show will be held in Durrow County Laois on Sunday 11th August. All the usual classes for Lurchers, Terriers, Hounds, Gun dogs and Pets. Also Lurcher racing.

Overall Lurcher winner will qualify for the Five Nations at Birr Castle Gamefair 2013.

Overall Terrier winner will qualify for the Five Nations at Birr Castle Gamefair 2013.

There is also a Mourne all Ireland Digging qualifier at this show. The final will be held at Birr Castle Gamefair 2013

More details will follow closer to show date.

Richard Hunters Show on Saturday 17th August 13.

Richard Hunter is holding a dog show on Saturday 17th August 13 in the grounds of Swathragh Mart, Co Derry. All proceeds are going to the Killelagh and St Johns Community Association. Full details nearer the show.

Sunday 18th August 13

The North West Terrier Lurcher and Whippet Club 32 COUNTY CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS

The North West Terrier Lurcher and Whippet Club will hold final of The 32 County Champion of Champions on Sunday 18th August. All profits going to Mc Millan Cancer Care nurses and Foyle Hospice.

This show will be a qualiIfer for the Countrymans Weeky Champion of Champions.
This show is also a qualifer for the 32 County Champion of Champions as are all shows in Ireland.

Dessie Mackens Dog Show Only ( No Racing ) Saturday 31St August 13

Dessie Macken is holding a Dog Show Only ( No Racing ) on Saturday 31st August with agreement and kind permission of Mr Albertj Titterington at the usual venue on the Banbrige/ Gilford Road. This show will be the 2nd last qualifer for the 5 Nations at Birr Castle,The next day Sunday 1st September 13.

Irish Game and Country Fair, Birr Castle, Co Offaly 31st August & 1st September 13

Birr Castle Irish Game and Country Fair takes place this year on Saturday 31st August and Sunday 1ST September, and will include all the fun of the fair including the annual Lurcher, Terrier, and Whippet Dog show and Race Day.
This year an extra activity day will be held on the Friday 30th August at Birr Castle. ( Full Details Later )

Sporting Whippet Club NI

Dates for Race/show days for 2013 are as follows:

Sunday 02 June
Sunday 23 June
Sunday 21 July
Sunday 11 August
Sunday 15 September
Venue Dunsilly Kennels, Antrim

Margaret Mc Stay

Edited by appleblossom

Guest ladyjane

See there's two shows clashing on the 1st of June.......................thought the whole point of publishing these dates was so folk could look and see and not clash..............both are also qualifiers for 5 Nations and Birr, dates are normally respected if another show has already taken a particular date, maybe it's a mistake??

See there's two shows clashing on the 1st of June.......................thought the whole point of publishing these dates was so folk could look and see and not clash..............both are also qualifiers for 5 Nations and Birr, dates are normally respected if another show has already taken a particular date, maybe it's a mistake??

No Lady Jane, it is not a mistake. I was asked to change this date to day by the organisers.

Margaret Mc Stay

Guest ladyjane

It just seems either stupid or deliberate, but when you go to all the trouble of putting up all the dates, then they are just ignored, NI is a small area and to split the entry is just stupid.....................only my opinion, especially a s one is for charity!

no janet its not a mistake, i had no other way round it and was giving the date by landowner for the 1st june as he was not happy at all with the show being run on the sunday as he attend's the church across the road from the show field. he doesnt want to upset his neigbours. and i have to respect his wish's as iam very lucky to get the ground as it is. ive no other choice and as ive said on my event page on facebook iam sorry for any trouble that this may cause. but if i dont take the date i dont have a venue. thank you margaret for your help

leanne

Guest ladyjane

well both shows are going to suffer, I just think in such a small area as NI you couldn't have found another Saturday? Yours is for charity after all and surely you want as many folk as possible there? Just a thought :)

yes i know where your coming from.but theres nothing i can do. but as i stated in my last reply it was the landowner that has giving me the date, and ive no other choice but to take it. and i have to respect that and the date he has giving me' are there would be no event for this charity. yeah it could suffer in a way with the doggy folk but its also a community event awell. it is for charity and i hope to get the crowd in, as autism ni will be there on the day to help to get as much support as possable.

leanne

Guest ladyjane

Well only you know about your venue, just think it's a shame that something can't be worked out..............................I know if it was me running the other show I'd be pretty pissed off...............................All the best

Janet :)

I agreed to give qualifiers to Leanne's show on the basis it was on 2nd June. I had already given Fiona qualifiers for her show on the 1st June. I do not wish to have two qualifying events on the same day so have asked Leanne to sort this matter out with Fiona. I hope they can manage to avoid each others dates altogether but if not they might wish to share the qualifiers. I leave it up to them but Fiona has first claim on the two FN qualifiers and the Maste Mc Grath - if the qualifying races are run under NILRC rules.

Albertj

i cant stress enough about the two show's being on the same date.... unfortunetly i cant change. landowner had the last word on this ... if i throw it up in the air now i have no event are venue r money raised for this charity. if i cant get the qualifiers for 5nations are master mcgrath i respect that!!!! as there where giving out and approved before i asked. all i can do now is wait and hope that something can work out for both show's. but north down lurcher and terrier club will be going ahead for the 1st june 2013. still being run under the nilrc rules as normal.

if anyone has any other problems regarden theses dates ill be happy to explain myself over the phone please contact myself on 07743263250 :):)

leanne

Edited by leanne.rea