Feet Injurys

I would say get her to a vets.

If that was a human we'd be removing the rod - x-ray to make sure nothing was left inside or had flaked off, deep irrigation, and antibiotics.

Clean-out under anaesthesia if anything was left indside, possibly slow-release antibiotic beads if there is bone infection, dressings and rest until things had started to heal.

I wouldn't be advising salt water for that one.

• Like 1

If that was a human we'd be removing the rod - x-ray to make sure nothing was left inside or had flaked off, deep irrigation, and antibiotics.

Clean-out under anaesthesia if anything was left indside, possibly slow-release antibiotic beads if there is bone infection, dressings and rest until things had started to heal.

it is an old injury that happend three year since atb mooney

so are your asking if anyone elses dog has had its foot impailed on concrete reinforcing or are you telling us it made a full recovery, or maybe im missing the point of this pointless post :hmm:

so are your asking if anyone elses dog has had its foot impailed on concrete reinforcing or are you telling us it made a full recovery, or maybe im missing the point of this pointless post :hmm:

pointless post. i thought it was a forum where you can ask questions to other members etc. The injury has left her with a slightly flat foot, the rod went 4 inches into her leg so i think she has been lucky in a way.And yes other dogs do have similar injurys maybe not off reinforcing bars no but branches etc.atb mooney . ps i will ask your permission before i post again.!!!!!!!!!!!