Chronographs?

I have a Chrony F1 and its excellent. Quality is great, very sturdy. Spares can some times be tricky, when I had to replace the screen I had to order one from the USA. not a massive bother though tbh.

I've found it can be a little light sensitive, but only really when chrono'ing .177's in low-ish light. sometimes it doesn't always give a reading if in a shelter on an over cast day, but in normal daylight or indoors with the lights on this is never a problem. I love it, and as I like tinkering with my rifle and because I use said rifle on live quarry out on permissions where members of the public could see me, I'd never be without it.

hope this helps,

Jim

This is something that's reared it's ugly head in my household today, as it happens. We've got a Chrony F1 and, after testing my wife's S400, I did the calcs on Chairgun Pro and plotted a graph on Excel - as you do - and came up with the fact that it was doing +12 ft/lbs using AA Fields.

As the rifle is still under warranty, we trotted off to the gun shop where we bought it and had it re-tested using a Skan. The readings came out at 10.77 ft/lbs.

After further discussion, one of the assistants said that the Chrony is really only accurate if the gun is clamped into a vice so as each shot is put through at the same place and also that light has a bearing on the readings.

As my wife is pretty serious about HFT this has led her to want to ditch the Chrony (which admittedly we had a bit of trouble getting to work in the beginning) and buy a Skan due to the idea that it's more reliable/accurate and easier to use. I also believe that it's the one that the police would use to test your gun so maybe it would make sense to use the same one as them.

I know the Skan is almost twice the price of a Chrony and a lot more than a Combro but, if I had known more about the variances you can get with the different makes, I'd have gone for the Skan in the first place.

This is something that's reared it's ugly head in my household today, as it happens. We've got a Chrony F1 and, after testing my wife's S400, I did the calcs on Chairgun Pro and plotted a graph on Excel - as you do - and came up with the fact that it was doing +12 ft/lbs using AA Fields.

As the rifle is still under warranty, we trotted off to the gun shop where we bought it and had it re-tested using a Skan. The readings came out at 10.77 ft/lbs.

After further discussion, one of the assistants said that the Chrony is really only accurate if the gun is clamped into a vice so as each shot is put through at the same place and also that light has a bearing on the readings.

As my wife is pretty serious about HFT this has led her to want to ditch the Chrony (which admittedly we had a bit of trouble getting to work in the beginning) and buy a Skan due to the idea that it's more reliable/accurate and easier to use. I also believe that it's the one that the police would use to test your gun so maybe it would make sense to use the same one as them.

I know the Skan is almost twice the price of a Chrony and a lot more than a Combro but, if I had known more about the variances you can get with the different makes, I'd have gone for the Skan in the first place.

hi Paul

make sure you don't have florescent lighting when you use your Skan,this will give a different reading to natural light or a standard light bulb.

just something i have experienced in the man cave,and will be changing to bulbs very soon :thumbs: