Cheap Rifle Camo

Although I share your enthusiasm for shooting. My question is why???

Your shooting rabbits, pigeons, rats, pheasants etc. NOT the Taliban.

What benefits do you think gun wrapping is achieving?

1) Reflected light, if they can see something suddenly reflect at 25 metres they are not likely to hang about and wait to find out what it was.

2) Outline break up. The main reason people wear camo is to break up their outline, makes you harder to spot, therefore the gun is harder to spot.

3) Silhouette break up, with a loose overhanging shroud the outline of the gun is broken up even further.

I have some photos to illustrate what I mean.

DSC00258.jpg

Gun in field!

DSC00305.jpg

Gun in field with shroud.

HPIM0856.jpg

Sonofafemaledog to find sometimes gun in the field!

• Like 1

Hang on a minuet here Craig!

Where was the negativity in my questions?

Gun cammo is not my thing, never felt the need for it or ever had an instance where I have thought, hmmn If I had just put a sock over my scope...........?

Anyway. I was going to add something a little constructive but as it seems my comments are not welcome I may go and find some salt and vinegar for this chip I have.

Atb

Perhaps I have overread the situation, however to me it sounded like you were completely deminishng my idea by over exaggerating the fact that I am no longer fighting Taliban, which is a big offence to me. To mention something so little and attach it to something that I have done previously in my job. Unfortunatly my memories of the encounters of the Taliban are nothing that I want to associate any aspect of hunting with. I shoot quarry and give it the utmost respect and do anything in my power to allow them to die a quick death. And if I can do anything to allow this to happen in an easier fashion (i.e the camo on the rifle) I will, therefore to give reference to my hunting as though I use it like I am hunting Taliban who I personally hope rot in hell then it is a BIG offence to me. The fact you don't find any importance for wrapping the rifle is no worry to me at all.

And Unfortunatly for your information I do continue to fight the Taliban, both in memories of soldiers that have committed the sacrifice and the memories of war.

I am sorry I read it the wrong way, if that is indeed what I did, and hope you all the best if you do not return to this conversation, judging by the amount of posts you have on here I'm probably just being naive., and being a bit hot blooded.

All the best

Craig

No bother at all Craig and thanks for taking the time to respond with such a just response.

The Taliban comment was in no way aimed at yourself or anybody for that matter. Feck! I don't even know you or what you get up to.

Enough said. Atb

No dramas mate....

Anyway guys moving on, I used it today, Unfortunatly I was a bit annoyed because as soon as I got there I noticed the tractors on the top field spraying the royals for blight....however after talking to the land owners mother for 15 minutes I ventured off, only to see a nice cock bird in the field pecking at the spuds, I used the low ground and put my rifle to the test, as I approached over the brow I could see the phesant head in between the potatoe plants, quick range find...JESUS really? 12 yards....don't think I have ever shot anything this close before, half a mill dot left for the spiral of the round at this range and bang, straight into the head near the eye.

My second Cockbird in two days, in less that 10 minutes hunting time.

NOTE IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN MY PHESANT POST------ it is legal to shoot pheasant in jersey this time of year, we have no game season and you need a special pest control licence from the environment which I have to protect the land owners jersey royals.

E829D186-7048-434F-83FF-DC0C2B4AB2A2-993

Although I share your enthusiasm for shooting. My question is why???

Your shooting rabbits, pigeons, rats, pheasants etc. NOT the Taliban.

What benefits do you think gun wrapping is achieving?

1) Reflected light, if they can see something suddenly reflect at 25 metres they are not likely to hang about and wait to find out what it was.

2) Outline break up. The main reason people wear camo is to break up their outline, makes you harder to spot, therefore the gun is harder to spot.

3) Silhouette break up, with a loose overhanging shroud the outline of the gun is broken up even further.

I have some photos to illustrate what I mean.

DSC00258.jpg

Gun in field!

DSC00305.jpg

Gun in field with shroud.

HPIM0856.jpg

Sonofafemaledog to find sometimes gun in the field!

just looking at the bottom photo thinking i wouldnt want to leave that to retrieve then saw the title below beaut of a gun though