Spar Shot On My Permission Off Some Idiot

We get Sparrohawks in the garden here - they go for birds off my feeders. Had to chase one away the other day as he went for a local Woodpecker off a feeder I made. Funny sight seeing me running around in the garden with my arms flailing about! Luckily he flew off. Woodpecker is fine - back today filling his beak!

We get both a Male and Female here quite regularly Sometimes they pop by for a few minutes and sit on the bird house surveying the area about 10yards from my window. Other times they hide themselves in amongst the tree branches waiting for prey. Beautiful bird and a privilege to see.

The easy way to tell the difference between a Sparrowhawk and Peregrine when perched are the eyes. Peregrines have black eyes, whereas Sparrowhawks have yellow eyes with a pupil. Also Peregrines have a dark 'moustache'.

I hope you catch the idiots that shot it. Makes me sad to know that fools like this are stupid enough to shoot something they probably dont understand. Shooting vermin and culling for the benefit fo the population is a mature responsibility, but shooting animals for the sake of it needs punishing. As a taker of a lives, we need to respect them.

Tim

i agree with you tim mate,to shoot such a wonderfull bird and just leave it lying there disgusts me,i would love to have spars that i could watch close up as i love all birds of prey ive had them for years i just mentor people these days,i sold my breeding pair and the last young one to a good member on here and i hear it is doing very well

Right had enough......whats so f***ing wonderful about these hook beaks? Are there lives so different from any other bird? Why are they so magical? In this instance someone shooting a spar was probably done "just cause they could" and i whole heartedly agree that is was the wrong move. But Spars can be a pain in the arse and cost folk plenty of dosh and i find it difficult to understand why some birds should be protected by law.?

Christ if a cat takes a few garden birds its "death to all cats" but if a cock Spar does it its "wonderful to see".........hows that?

• Like 1

Right had enough......whats so f*****g wonderful about these hook beaks? Are there lives so different from any other bird? Why are they so magical? In this instance someone shooting a spar was probably done "just cause they could" and i whole heartedly agree that is was the wrong move. But Spars can be a pain in the arse and cost folk plenty of dosh and i find it difficult to understand why some birds should be protected by law.?

Christ if a cat takes a few garden birds its "death to all cats" but if a cock Spar does it its "wonderful to see".........hows that?

took you long enough :laugh: :laugh:

post-896-0-27106600-1365005995.jpg

Right had enough......whats so f*****g wonderful about these hook beaks? Are there lives so different from any other bird? Why are they so magical? In this instance someone shooting a spar was probably done "just cause they could" and i whole heartedly agree that is was the wrong move. But Spars can be a pain in the arse and cost folk plenty of dosh and i find it difficult to understand why some birds should be protected by law.?

There nice eat loads of mice ,rats ,vermin etc just because you raise a few tame what are they ?. :hmm:

There nice eat loads of mice ,rats ,vermin etc just because you raise a few tame what are they ?. :hmm:

reared fox take away meals :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You asking me what use a pheasant is......? Its maybe the fact that there part of a multi-million pound industry in this country and due to that make plenty jobs for folk and bring in well needed visitors to the country who stay in hotels and buy from shops. That enough why the pheasant is worth more than a hook beak?... :D

Heard today of another shoot no releasing any more pheasy's and maybe the keepers going your pricing yourselves out the market for shooting them just need to rear them wrap them in clingfilm and sell them out of Asda or Tesco's

Heard today of another shoot no releasing any more pheasy's and maybe the keepers going your pricing yourselves out the market for shooting them just need to rear them wrap them in clingfilm and sell them out of Asda or Tesco's

Recession on mind!!

i think for me its the fact that when i was a kid birds of prey were rare and there was all ways talk of extinction down to the use of DDT which so say thinned the egg shells! i thought christ when i grow up there will be no birds of prey left at all!! i all ways have a vivid memory of a white barn owl flying low and silent over my head when i was about 11at dusk.

When i told my mates at school it was like they thought it was bull shit! they had never seen it! long story short i felt privileged to have seen it and still feel the same even if its a buzzard!

sorry if this sounds like paging doctor faggot! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBkOlgU3MYY