Back In The Game Soon!

Alright all,

I started with Lurchers back in 98, when as newbie to it I was talked into parting with £50 for a four month old bitch. The lad told me he was selling it on because it was too 'jumpy' and had never really settled in to his (quite manic) household. He had a great tribe of hyperactive kids who were forever messing with it, and to say the house was ' bit noisy' is like saying crack cocaine is a 'bit more-ish'. Anyway the pup looked like it could do with some peace and quiet so I took her on. Best decision I ever made. Turns out she was Hancock 3/4 bred, and before the effluent starts to flow.....she turned out a cracker.

Meg as I'd called her really flattered my novice training skills, and seemed to learn just as fast as I could read Frank Sheardown's book.

Halfway through her first season I was offered another pup (gratis), by a local lad who had an appointment with the magistrate that he didn't expect to come home from (and didn't). Jam, so named because of how jammy I been to get him was beddy/gh x whippet/gh and also turned out a cracking catch dog who never jibbed at owt. Both these lurchers became a big part of my life and taught ME most of my humble understanding of lurcher work. I had 3 great seasons with Meg, two of those along with Jam. True to type the bitch was more biddable and steady, the dog as a big old pain in the arse to begin with and only retieved reliably when it was just me and him. But he worked out fine in the end.Suffice to say I put lot of effort, time and love into both only to discover one spring morning in 01 the kennel mesh cut from bottom to top and both dogs gone.Gutted doesnt even begin to explain how I felt that morning. Dont mind telling ye it still chokes me now as I think of it. Dog thieves are pure c###s, simple as.

Soon after I moved down to Cornwall, met the missuz, moved back and cracked on with breeding my own little pack (of kids- cornish pasty x lancashire hotpot hybrids!) So now 12 years on we're due to move to a place with room for a mut, and I'm on the lookout for a pup.

@Keeps, your Indie is a beauty @stabs, like the look of yours too mate. @Magpie, your Galan over a gh bitch would produce exactly what I'm after mate. @lurcherdave, just like stabs'. If anyone knows of a planned litter of this type, 1/2 or 3/4 beardie/grey I'd be in the que for a bitch. Sorry if the long intro put anyone to sleep! first post on here so just introducin mesell. atb.

Cheers lads. @echo gonner have a look at that dog by del boy now, dont mind the hancocks my bitch was by his border/ beardie 1/2 cross stud too. Fancy the pure working beardie cross this time but I dont think he breeds past the 1/2 cross, his beardie studs are full bred as far as I know. Prefer a home bred pup out of a proven dam (if that dam is Hancock fair enough) but if all else fails I' d take a punt on one of his first crosses, he's got the right beardie lines. How many first crosses have genuine working (hunting) sire and dam anyhow?