We are the same mate, went up yesterday and we got 14 Squirrels, my lad got his first kill with his Shotgun that he got for Xmas, so turned out an excellent day.

Will be starting to knock up some Pan feeders soon as we found them very good last season as the feed had alot of straw in it that blocked the springs.

Will be cutting some rides in next week end as we have aquired another 250Acres for next season.

What you upto hily?

Edited by Dave C

just finished making up ten pan feeders to place out on the rough shoot part of our land .Cleaned up and tidied the farm building and our caravan going to have to reduce the number of crows on the place and that's about it for now.Saving the branching for those who pay the deposit on time :laugh: .

How did you get on last season mate, did the birds hold?

We got just under 50% return on the Phez, 60% on our Ducks and flighted about 90 duck on our wild pond, (i think the wild weather helped)

So we are very happy, especially when it is only our second season.

The lads have been out cutting rides since beginning of march but my first day working will be thurs burning some of the branches off and stacking others, I was supposed to be up wemmergill last sat for a grouse pointing trial but the bugger was cancelled due to 5 foot drifts! we have had a bit but the tops were hammered.

I just hope it warms up shortly so we can get the pedigree lambs out of the shed they will be inventing ways to die otherwise

• Like 1

How did you get on last season mate, did the birds hold?

We got just under 50% return on the Phez, 60% on our Ducks and flighted about 90 duck on our wild pond, (i think the wild weather helped)

So we are very happy, especially when it is only our second season.

dave we had a poor season numbers wise 38% but still got out and about the birds showed better in jan than they did before christmas plus we did'nt have the bunnies about on our rough days never mind always got next season to look forward to. :boogy:

Edited by hily