My First Gun Dog

gutted mate! im sure there will be a few litters about soon. RE which breed, a guy once told me that labs are born half trained and spaniels die half trained lol always stuck with me and i got a spaniel because i like a challange :boogy: but to be honest he must of been born half trained as he does everything i want and more without me being a pro trainer hes just a clever little cocker that loves life and i think the most important bit is to really have that bond with the dog :yes:

Where in Wales are you pal ?

Mate of mine has a dog going for sale, I THINK he's coming up 2 year old, is part trained, mostly doing the job but my pal hasn't done a lot with him, had him off a field trialler who done all the basics but he didn't have enough style to be a champion so moved him on, obv this means he has good breading.

My mate paid £400 for him and I think he just wants back what he paid nothing extra for any work n time he put into him.

Would possibly make a good dog for you if interested as could just finish off the training this summer and get to work for the coming season.

Im in cardiff mate have you got any info on the dog and the basics?

an pics?

get a pup pal i took on a 8 month springer that had been mistreated and its only now at 18 months her mind and confidence is suitable for training. if you get a pup you can start bonding at the crucial age and start training as soon as the dog is ready jmo, other peoples mistakes are hard to rectify atb with what ever you choose cammy

an pics?

get a pup pal i took on a 8 month springer that had been mistreated and its only now at 18 months her mind and confidence is suitable for training. if you get a pup you can start bonding at the crucial age and start training as soon as the dog is ready jmo, other peoples mistakes are hard to rectify atb with what ever you choose cammy

Theres a big difference between a 8 month pup that's been mistreated and a 2 year old dog that's had all the basics done by someone who trials there dog in competitions :wallbash:

Theres valid points there on both sides, how ever due to haveing two little girls im going to go with a pup !

I have found a well bred litter through a friend ov a friend, im going to choose my pup next week so i will have pics for you soon. :boogy:

• Like 1

an pics?

Theres a big difference between a 8 month pup that's been mistreated and a 2 year old dog that's had all the basics done by someone who trials there dog in competitions :wallbash:

my point being this would be the dogs 3rd owner and would take more effort to get a bond than having a 8 week old pup :yes: , best of luck with the pup you choose bud look forward to seeing the pics.

• 3 weeks later...