Aa S400 Classic .17 For Rabbits?

.177 is easiert to use in terms of range as it travels further without dropping due to it being lighter. This means it is easier to make accurate shots with it, so there's no excuse not to go for headshots etc.
I have both hunted both .22 and .177 and although I prefer the .22 for ratting and general vermin shooting, for rabbiting it's always the .177 as you always need headhsots for a clean kill anyway, so the adavantage of range makes things far more efficient.
Happy hunting

• Like 1

Off to buy some pellets today to have a play with, I can't believe how much this gun has got me buzzing. I have a feeling my rabbit tally will be going up next season. Going to buy some tictacs to :boogy: happy days!

I only use 177 for hunting, just my preference in sub 12fpe. I have a 22 but it never gets used. But if you know your ranges and trajectory of a particular calibre and are comfortable with the rifle, it doesn't matter whether its 177/20/22, it will do the job providing you do yours.

i put a whisper 130 silencer on mine and it worked well.but when i had some spare cash i put a weihrauch one on as i heard they are ultra quiet(which it is) the reason i was asking is the whisper one is now sitting there doing nothing so if you can use it youre welcome to it free of charge.if youre interestd pm me your adress and i will pop it in the post for you.all i will ask is if and when you can just put a couple of quid in a childrens charity box.

• Like 2

I only use 177 for hunting, just my preference in sub 12fpe. I have a 22 but it never gets used. But if you know your ranges and trajectory of a particular calibre and are comfortable with the rifle, it doesn't matter whether its 177/20/22, it will do the job providing you do yours.

Im comfortable with the .22 springer but I try to get in pretty close. Im looking forward to getting some practice in with the .17 and hopefully start looking at a bit more range. I can't see myself picking up the springer for a while though, it so nice not to have any recoil!

i put a whisper 130 silencer on mine and it worked well.but when i had some spare cash i put a weihrauch one on as i heard they are ultra quiet(which it is) the reason i was asking is the whisper one is now sitting there doing nothing so if you can use it youre welcome to it free of charge.if youre interestd pm me your adress and i will pop it in the post for you.all i will ask is if and when you can just put a couple of quid in a childrens charity box.

Mate your a gent, that would be amazing and a donation will be gladly given to charity. I will pm you my details over :thumbs:

TOP GUY!